getting discourage

Options
So I've been on this lifestyle change for 8 months now and these last past 2 months I haven't lost any weight .I don't know what to do .any suggestions? Thank you

Replies

• gatzke123
    gatzke123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary. See what your eating to offer suggestions.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I recently had a month of no loss, but rather gain. Here's what I did: I undid the most recent change to my eating plan. Most recently, I had increased my daily intake by 100 calories. I reversed that. Then I got my lazy kitten back on the treadmill and did cardio for an hour. Then the next day, I did that again. Eat right, log right, exercise right, drink water and sleep. That's all you need to do. The longer we do this, the more likely we are to encounter these long weeks of no progress. It's a sign of being close to our goal.
  • rs604
    rs604 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    try eating different foods
  • pedrozamatt
    pedrozamatt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, please add me. I too stopped losing weight during my routine, and the worst thing I did was give up. Just keep focus because when I lost focus all the weight came back. I started putting other priorities in front of my routine and before I knew it I had stopped dieting and exercising. Don't give up just because the scale hasn't moved. Your probably doing excellent. Keep it up.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Most likely you need to tighten up your logging. This may include any of the following:

-log every single morsel of food that enters your mouth
    -use a food scale to weigh all foods/measuring cups for all liquids
    -double-check the accuracy of the entries you use in your diary
    -utilize the recipe builder over homemade/generic entries if you cook the meal
    -be mindful of exercise calories burned/eaten back
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    8 months is a long time to be in a deficit- you could need a diet break. Your metabolism eventually adapts so you have to let it rest & come back to normal by going back to maintenance calories for a few weeks every so often. I've seen recommendations saying every 10 to 12 weeks you should take a break from being in a deficit and switch back to maintenance calories for 1 to 3 weeks, then you can go back to being in a deficit again.

Or maybe you've lost enough weight that the calorie goal you started with has become your maintenance calories now? As you lose weight you naturally burn fewer calories. Has your calorie goal been adjusted at all since you started? I've only lost 10 pounds but have had to reduce my calorie goal from 1575 to 1530. What was your calorie goal at the start and what is it now?
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Also have to ask- are you actually measuring/weighing/logging your food?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you have not lost a single pound in 2 months then you are eating at maintenance. Eat less or move more.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its likely you have got complacent at accurately tracking your food and are eating more than you think....