Jillian Michaels...

Options
Hey everyone,

So I'm fairly new to this and am loving being part of such a supportive environment.

I'm currently on day 15 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and was wondering if anyone else out there is trying it?

:)

Replies

• ZenMomentum
    ZenMomentum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No but she's definitely pitching it to me all of the time. Not a day goes by that I don't see a banner ad of her staring back at me. Maybe I should just give in and do what she commands of me.

Are you getting results?
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    No but she's definitely pitching it to me all of the time. Not a day goes by that I don't see a banner ad of her staring back at me. Maybe I should just give in and do what she commands of me.

Are you getting results?

Yeah, I think it depends on how much weight one has to lose though... because there's no way I will lose 20 pounds in 30 days. However, I've lost 7 pounds (altogether - I joined here after I'd lost a little) and I'm only half way through. I was never going to be motivated by an anorexic catwalk model, yet Jillian's no nonsense approach works for me!

P.S. I'm more tired after 20 minutes of her DVD than I am after a 6k run!

x
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    come join us here!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/287783-jm-30-day-shred

there's a ton of us doing it. we're all at different stages- i'm on l1 d7. come over and join in.

i like it. i think it's really helping with my arm strength.

and i'm running too. i've got a 4 miler in the morning.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Do you recommend this for beginners? I am looking for a workout to start off with.
  • zoodalia
    Options
    Do you recommend this for beginners? I am looking for a workout to start off with.

Yeah, I really do. I used to be really fit and then gained 2 stone and stopped exercising completely. I was really unfit. I started this two weeks ago and am already on level two. It's exhausting, but it's also completely realistic. I've become much more motivated to lose weight since I started it.

I'd definitely recommend it, and I never thought I would say that about a fitness DVD!

:) x
  • zoodalia
    Options
    come join us here!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/287783-jm-30-day-shred

there's a ton of us doing it. we're all at different stages- i'm on l1 d7. come over and join in.

i like it. i think it's really helping with my arm strength.

and i'm running too. i've got a 4 miler in the morning.

Thanks! x
  • Bspin7
    Bspin7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi, I,m new at this too. I just started fitness pal 5 days ago and I,m hitting day 7 of the thirty day shred as soon as I finish this cup of coffee. I can't believe how hard it is. I still struggle to do two sets of push ups, man there impossible. keep at it, I've been told it gets easier! by the way do you know how to get friends on this thing for support? I,m not much of a re hi but I,de like to be on some of these blogs for support. I have 82 pounds to go!!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ive done it and loved it. I didnt lose much weight but felt better and fitter.

Ime doing 6 Week 6 Pack and would defo recommend it to follow 30DS.x
  • lindalou0703
    Options
    I saw this at the store yesterday. It is very affordable. I watched a clip online and saw they were using hand weights. Is there anything else that I would need to buy? Thanks for the info, I appreciate it :)
  • helenmelon29
    Options

Yes defo, just go as slow as you need to. Its only 25 mins long and you dont have to do it 7 days per week. I did it about 4.x
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    I saw this at the store yesterday. It is very affordable. I watched a clip online and saw they were using hand weights. Is there anything else that I would need to buy? Thanks for the info, I appreciate it :)

I bought some 1.5k hand weights (cheap ones) but I started by just using 2 bottles of water. You dont need anything else.x
  • zoodalia
    Options
    hi, I,m new at this too. I just started fitness pal 5 days ago and I,m hitting day 7 of the thirty day shred as soon as I finish this cup of coffee. I can't believe how hard it is. I still struggle to do two sets of push ups, man there impossible. keep at it, I've been told it gets easier! by the way do you know how to get friends on this thing for support? I,m not much of a re hi but I,de like to be on some of these blogs for support. I have 82 pounds to go!!

You're more than welcome to add me, I'm always looking for more friends and support:) x
  • Bspin7
    Bspin7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oh my god, try it. I,m headed for day 7 and I can already see a change in my shirts, they actually button!!!!
  • helenmelon29
    Options

Hi , I completed 30DS and still could barely do the pushups! Keep going. To add friends, click onto to my profile/name and send friend request. I would send requests to people who answer my posts or are a simular weight etc. Good Luck.x
  • lindalou0703
    Options

I bought some 1.5k hand weights (cheap ones) but I started by just using 2 bottles of water. You dont need anything else.x

Thanks I think I will get it today
  • samaben
    samaben Posts: 3
    Options
    I have her dvd, though I haven't done it 30 days through like she suggests. My body hurts after day 1! I was shocked at how intense her 20-minute workouts were. Good for you for sticking to it!!
  • zoodalia
    Options
    I have her dvd, though I haven't done it 30 days through like she suggests. My body hurts after day 1! I was shocked at how intense her 20-minute workouts were. Good for you for sticking to it!!

I was in so much pain over the first few days. I found my calves really, really hurt. Stick through it, my calves are fine now - - - although circuit two is taking its toll on my arms now!

Good luck if you decide to give it another go:)

x

8984589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods