Know what the only thing worse than breaking my promise to get back on track 1,460 days in a row?

Options
Breaking in 1,461 days in a row. I don't know what mental switch flips in my head that makes what once seemed impossible - possible, but I am grateful that I found it again. I started back to fitness October 28th of this year. I kid you not, every single morning for those 1,460 days - I woke up and thought - man this is stupid. You know what to do. You know how important this is. Today is the day. Only to end the day having eaten way too many calories and made many bad choices. 35 Days in - I have reached out for the help I need to be successful. I am committing myself to my goals and working to achieve them. I wish you all the very best!

chsfbauxjr6t.jpg

Charles

Replies

• Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I can relate. When I look back since mid-June I can see my weight kept increasing. Almost every day since June I have been going way over maintenance calories. Needless to say I gained back everything I lost and then some. I'm glad things have clicked for you. I'm still struggling, but have at least stopped gaining. All the best to you too!
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    rkit03 wrote: »
    I can relate. When I look back since mid-June I can see my weight kept increasing. Almost every day since June I have been going way over maintenance calories. Needless to say I gained back everything I lost and then some. I'm glad things have clicked for you. I'm still struggling, but have at least stopped gaining. All the best to you too!

You can do it. Thanks for posting.

• WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I COMPLETELY understand!

According to the Body Mass Index (BMI), I was considered OBESE. As a result, I became obsessed with losing weight which led to a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!

My obsession started with changing my mindset. My motto about food now is "EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT". I'm 46 years old at 4'11" and my weight loss journey is as follows:

SW 145.6 lbs on 9/17/2016 (BMI = Obese)
    CW 128.4 lbs as of 12/4/2016 (BMI = Overweight)
    UW 105 lbs by 2/20/2017 (BMI = Desirable Weight). But I will settle for 112 lbs (BMI = Desirable Weight) by that date and will continue to work towards my UW goal.

MY STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! But since changing my mindset, MFP has become an obsession for me when tracking my meals and macros. Although I meet, exceed or don't meet some of my macros; I'm still losing an average of 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Consequently, my weight loss has been slow and steady which is the best way. Replacing coffee to include cream and sugar with oolong and green tea (+ 1 tbs honey & lemon juice) has helped a lot as well as following this simple and most effective rule: 80% Clean Diet + 20% Moderate Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS!

Last, I've learned that there are no shortcuts! Creating a calorie deficit (through moderate calorie restriction and increase in physical activity) is the only way to lose weight. Any plan that does not require sacrifice is unrealistic and leads to failure!

Since the beginning of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 6. My ULTIMATE goal is to get back into a size 2.

YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED! :)<3
  • CharlesScott78
    Options
    I COMPLETELY understand!

According to the Body Mass Index (BMI), I was considered OBESE. As a result, I became obsessed with losing weight which led to a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!

My obsession started with changing my mindset. My motto about food now is "EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT". I'm 46 years old at 4'11" and my weight loss journey is as follows:

SW 145.6 lbs on 9/17/2016 (BMI = Obese)
    CW 128.4 lbs as of 12/4/2016 (BMI = Overweight)
    UW 105 lbs by 2/20/2017 (BMI = Desirable Weight). But I will settle for 112 lbs (BMI = Desirable Weight) by that date and will continue to work towards my UW goal.

MY STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! But since changing my mindset, MFP has become an obsession for me when tracking my meals and macros. Although I meet, exceed or don't meet some of my macros; I'm still losing an average of 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Consequently, my weight loss has been slow and steady which is the best way. Replacing coffee to include cream and sugar with oolong and green tea (+ 1 tbs honey & lemon juice) has helped a lot as well as following this simple and most effective rule: 80% Clean Diet + 20% Moderate Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS!

Last, I've learned that there are no shortcuts! Creating a calorie deficit (through moderate calorie restriction and increase in physical activity) is the only way to lose weight. Any plan that does not require sacrifice is unrealistic and leads to failure!

Since the beginning of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 6. My ULTIMATE goal is to get back into a size 2.

YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED! :)<3

You are doing fantastic! Thank you so much for your post. I really appreciate it. You rock. :smile:
  • Santeham
    Santeham Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your right, your being really stupid... you know what you've got to do, and how to do it, and you just keep putting it off... like I said, 'stoopid, stoopid, stoopid, stoopid!'
    And yet we all do exactly the same! Up until two weeks ago, I did the same thing every day for months!
    The turning point for me was seeing myself in a picture when I was out with friends and thinking 'holy crap! is that how the rest of the world see's me!?' Now two weeks on, I wake up thinking 'I'm doing well so far, lets keeps it up!'
  • tolose21702
    tolose21702 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this I came to this fitness app weighing at 147 now I'm at 160 because I decided to quit to fee that I will never get there I was at a rut at a plateau level in my weight I would stay between 147-150 for 2 months. I'm back though I will not quit because I am worth it...I am worth to make me feel me again. I live this support and group and I will not quit now!!! My goal is to fee my best when I turn 30 and now I have less than 6 months to do this and I will be reliable.
  • Santeham
    Options
    Yep, I said goodbye to my twenties last May... it sucks, but it sounds like it can also be a great bench mark for you.
    I was the same. I've actually been signed up on here for 6 months, but today is the first time I'm getting involved. If I'd have started my weight loss 6months ago, I wouldn't have carried on gaining weight and made it even harder for myself now.
  • CharlesScott78
    Options
    Santeham wrote: »
    Your right, your being really stupid... you know what you've got to do, and how to do it, and you just keep putting it off... like I said, 'stoopid, stoopid, stoopid, stoopid!'
    And yet we all do exactly the same! Up until two weeks ago, I did the same thing every day for months!
    The turning point for me was seeing myself in a picture when I was out with friends and thinking 'holy crap! is that how the rest of the world see's me!?' Now two weeks on, I wake up thinking 'I'm doing well so far, lets keeps it up!'

Yep that was me. I am glad I wised up. :smile: I am 42 days in - down 43.6 lbs and on the way. I want to lose 203 lbs - so that means I am 21.47% of the way to my goal. One day at a time.

I wish everyone the very best!

Charles
    48440878.png
  • Santeham
    edited December 2016
    Options
    21.47% Wow, that is really specific.

Well done so far! I thought I had it rough loosing 140lb, but 200, wow that must be tough.