anyone else eating primal/paleo?

Options
hi all, been on here a while now and have a good MFP support, but none of my pals eat like I do! It'd be awesome to have some wheat/grain/gluten free pals who eat a more primal diet like I do

Replies

• kaysize
    Options
    I recently created my MFD accounted and added my fit bit device to monitor activity levels. So while I am new to this application I have actually been abiding to the paleo/primal diet for a little over a year. If you need help with anything let me know!
  • iamcallieu
    iamcallieu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add you as a friend here. I think supporting each other making good primal choices would be really helpful ☺️
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been eating primal/paleo for 4 months. Logging food diligently for one month here. Once I heal from my back injury I would LS like to incorporate more functional movement like what Mark Sisson lays out in the book Primal Blueprint.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    There's a paleo group here. If I understood how to search for groups I'd link it for you.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Going on almost 3 years now. :)
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Here it is: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/37-primal-paleo-support-group I've been Paleo for almost 2 years, about to start my second round of whole30 next week!
  • katk2
    katk2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm trying to be paleo. But there are sine days when I'm giving up. It's very hard to do it on your own.
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have been Primal/Paleo since 2010 and would love to have more MFP friends who eat this way.
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am currently but don't know that I will continue totally paleo but will stick pretty close...feel free to add me. I am, and have been for years, totally gluten free though...
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat strict Paleo about 99% of the time - have been since the first of September. I have lost about 35 lbs since then, and I feel GREAT physically and mentally. I will probably eat this way the rest of my life. It gets me back in the kitchen, keeps me motivated, and keeps me more conscious of where my food is coming from.
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I started out with Whole30 and then moved to Paleo and now do a combo of Paleo/clean eating. LOL
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I love chatting with other people who are doing the same thing. Love new ideas and recipes. :)
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've been leaning to primal for a while and started the Primal Blueprint 21 day challenge this week. I'll send you a friend request.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be a troll or be anti - a genuine question. When you consider that many plant foods would not have left fossil evidence and we could be led to believe that paleo and other ancestral species ate mainly flesh food because of the evidence left by bone fossils, how can we really know what Paleo or any of those precursors to modern man really ate?
    - any evidence? What about all the vegetable matter that our ancestors could have eaten that are simply not evidenced in fossil records?
    - my logic is that it would have been much simpler and less calorifically expensive to simply gather plants and fruits and hunt for insects and small mammals than to hunt larger faster beasts. It wouldn't have made sense to go running after a bigger animal when there might be insects and slower critters to hand.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    Not trying to be a troll or be anti - a genuine question. When you consider that many plant foods would not have left fossil evidence and we could be led to believe that paleo and other ancestral species ate mainly flesh food because of the evidence left by bone fossils, how can we really know what Paleo or any of those precursors to modern man really ate?
    - any evidence? What about all the vegetable matter that our ancestors could have eaten that are simply not evidenced in fossil records?
    - my logic is that it would have been much simpler and less calorifically expensive to simply gather plants and fruits and hunt for insects and small mammals than to hunt larger faster beasts. It wouldn't have made sense to go running after a bigger animal when there might be insects and slower critters to hand.

This might help
    http://www.newrepublic.com/article/121080/early-humans-ate-everything
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

fact is that the "paleo" diet is has absolutely nothing to do with how paleolithic people ate...
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies and references - looking it up.
  • LilyRestored
    LilyRestored Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really am interested in paleo/ clean eating. Gluten,wheat and grains really upset my health. How do i start?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I really am interested in paleo/ clean eating. Gluten,wheat and grains really upset my health. How do i start?
    1. Find out what you are allergic to. Get real tests provided by your real doctor.
    2. Cut out the things you are allergic to.
    3. Block out the noise. Become a critical thinker.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

fact is that the "paleo" diet is has absolutely nothing to do with how paleolithic people ate...
    ndj1979 wrote: »

My thoughts precisely. However if you can achieve your goals doing it then good for you.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Well, you may want to read a book first. Alternative approaches to nutrition (paleo, vegan, LCHF, etc) require some preliminary homework.