Walking: need inspiration on where to walk to

Options
2»

Replies

• ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I personally don't go for walks as spend my day on my feet, but when I'm out for a bike ride I never fail to see people or large groups of ramblers walking the hills. Is there anything like that you can do near you or not too far away. I know for myself on the bike I need a reason to ride and getting fit isn't it. It has to more specific. When I was racing easy didn't matter what the weather I did. Then when I stopped racing there was never the same motivation. Then when I decided I wanted to get back my fitness I entered an event to help focus the mind. Also thier is no such thing as bad weather only in adequate clothing the hardest part is the going out.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    sviestine wrote: »
    I just feel really silly if I walk for walking's sake.

So why do you walk? Where do you go?

I don't feel silly walking for walking's sake.

I walk places like here ... this is about 1.5 km from where I live.

31017233486_be0e224b29_z.jpg

Or here ... the botanical gardens are about 2.5 km from where I work.

22571532895_2093bc559f_z.jpg

Or out the Cycleway.

21922871603_f8eb37b5c6_z.jpg

Or any number of places! :)

• mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I walk the dog, but a dog is a long term commitment, so I don't know if it's for you. Pick a store the distance away you want to walk. Pick up something you need there, or a snack or drink and walk back home.
  • sviestine
    sviestine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. Lots of inspiration out there! I am sitting here smiling as I am reading through your posts :) Will definitely pick up some of your ideas and let you know how it's going! Thanks!