What's your "Go to" snack?

Options
Looking for some ideas for stuff to keep at work to get me through in a pinch. What's your healthy choice for a go to snack?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "go to"...I eat all kinds of stuff.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Not a big snacker but I sometimes have pretzels with ranch dressing or a cup of low calorie hot cocoa in the afternoon.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    celery sticks with peanut butter (if you have a fridge). Just don't over-do it on the peanut butter.
    If no fridge...then a handful of raw almonds, and 2 squares of Lindt 85% Extra Dark cocoa.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have:
    Cheese sticks
    Stuffed olives
    Yoplait Greek Whips
    Nutri-Grain bars
  • chrissjourney
    chrissjourney Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Banana + peanut butter. Easy and accessible and very tasty.
    I eat this often. So yum!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid snacking because I find it easy to just keep grazing, so if I need something outside of a meal I want it to be fairly substantial.

I usually end up getting some soup, or a half of a sandwich. I've started bringing in apples and that works OK, but I think adding some cheese would be better. A couple of hard boiled eggs make for a good substantial snack.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Watermelon + feta cheese + sparkling water. I also would move a meal time up if it's close enough rather than snacking, but I kind of judge based on my hunger level.
  • chrissjourney
    Options
    Good ideas! Thank you.
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Biena Chickpea Snacks (so good!)
    Almonds
    Apple
    Halos
    Lots of very minty gum
  • emilygduran
    emilygduran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Apples with almond butter, babybel cheese with a few pretzel thins, jerky, celery with hummus, dried apricots, or whole wheat fig bars.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Almonds
  • isabellapanzica9387
    Options
    Fuji apples, and sometimes I make little chocolates that are around 50 calories each. ( they are two parts shredded coconut and one part chocolate measured out into the size of tsp)
  • chrissjourney
    Options
    Watermelon + feta cheese + sparkling water. I also would move a meal time up if it's close enough rather than snacking, but I kind of judge based on my hunger level.

I eat early during the week because I wake early so like 6:30 is breakfast. By 9am I'm hungry again haha. Love Feta!
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Slice of toasted Ezekiel bread topped with sunflower seed nut butter and some sliced banana