Help, I don't know what to do

Options
Guys I really don't know what to do anymore...
First month I lost 4 kg (8.8 pounds) but the second month I haven't seen any progress even though I've stayed within my calorie goal (1360kcal) every single day and went for a walk every other day...
I just keep getting 1kg back, then losing it again, then gaining it - then losing it, but I don't see a reason for that..
I don't know what to do

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are eating more than you think. Tighten up your logging. Use a food scale and log everything you eat, after you've checked the entry you are using has identical nutritional values to the food you are eating.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Your calculations are off
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Its been said but just incase your going to argue it...Your logging is wrong :D
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good job, and don't panic! Even maintaining your weight after losing 4 kg is great.

My guess about what happened is the same as everyone else's, but keep in mind that weight loss isn't always linear. It can vary a lot depending on how much water and food waste is in your system. I have a good scale and my weight can easily vary 1 kg day to day.

The key is to make sure that your food measurements are accurate--a food scale really helps--and keep working at it. If you do, things will keep moving in the right direction over time.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You might also want to increase your exercise. Depending on how far and fast you walk, you may not be burning many calories with just an every other day walk.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What are your stats, and are you willing to open your diary?
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    How long have you been sitting at the same weight (plus or minus 1 kg)? Has it been a whole month? Or more like a week or two?
  • KatarinaKatherine1394
    Options
    I have a food scale and weight everything on it before I eat it... I really do try to log in everything right and make sure calories match to the ones on package, other foods I look up on the Internet first for calories and then compare it to the ones from myfitnesspal...
    Thank you all for your responses, I'll just try to eat more veggies and fruit and work out more and see how it goes..
    Oh and I have been eating back all calories from my 'exercise', I'm going to make sure I don't do that anymore, maybe it'll help.. :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale and weight everything on it before I eat it... I really do try to log in everything right and make sure calories match to the ones on package, other foods I look up on the Internet first for calories and then compare it to the ones from myfitnesspal...
    Thank you all for your responses, I'll just try to eat more veggies and fruit and work out more and see how it goes..
    Oh and I have been eating back all calories from my 'exercise', I'm going to make sure I don't do that anymore, maybe it'll help.. :)

How are you determining how much you're burning from exercise? Sometimes people find the method they're using to estimate burns is providing an over-estimate, so they're eating back more calories than they should.
  • KatarinaKatherine1394
    Options
    How long have you been sitting at the same weight (plus or minus 1 kg)? Has it been a whole month? Or more like a week or two?

about 3 weeks.. I'll see how this one goes...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • missmagnoliablossom
    Options
    How are you determining how much you're burning from exercise? Sometimes people find the method they're using to estimate burns is providing an over-estimate, so they're eating back more calories than they should.

YES! I wear a HRM w/chest strap and find the differences between that and what MFP thinks I should be burning staggering (and don't even get me started on MapMyFitness - that's even worse!).

• janejellyroll
    Options

YES! I wear a HRM w/chest strap and find the differences between that and what MFP thinks I should be burning staggering (and don't even get me started on MapMyFitness - that's even worse!).

Yes, I run with an HRM and I have also seen BIG differences between the count on the treadmill and what my HRM says I burned. The treadmill is always higher, but I know from experience that it is much less accurate and my HRM is closer to what I actually burned.
  • KatarinaKatherine1394
    Options

since I'm mostly walking I use MapMyWalk..... and judging by other comments that app is not good?
    so that may have been the main issue...
  • janejellyroll
    Options

since I'm mostly walking I use MapMyWalk..... and judging by other comments that app is not good?

Judging by comments I've seen here, MapMyWalk does over-estimate calories for some people. You may want to try eating back 50% of your calorie burns to see if that helps.
  • KatarinaKatherine1394
    Options

Judging by comments I've seen here, MapMyWalk does over-estimate calories for some people. You may want to try eating back 50% of your calorie burns to see if that helps.

Thank you. I'm just gonna log my exercise at the end of the day and let that calories to deficit...I don't exercise much right now anyway
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Also, 3 weeks is not that long, my weight sometimes stalls (or appears to stall) for as long as that and then suddenly drops. Gotta love water retention.

But it's definitely worth tightening up your logging and especially making sure you aren't overestimating exercise.