no weight loss

Options
Hi , I have been sticking to 1400 calorie and have lost 10lb in three weeks, the last 2 weeks I have started going to the gym and exercise for about 45 mins, but I have not lost any weight since going to the gym, I'm a little disappointed as I have but a lot of effort into excercising. why have I not lost any more weight

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Since you've started a new exercise routine in the last couple of weeks, you are almost definitely retaining extra water, for muscle repair. This will probably go away real soon, and you'll probably see one big drop in weight. It's common and sometimes lasts for a month or so.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You'll find that this is common with people that start exercising. It's usually water weight that your muscles need for repair. Just keep going and it should even out in a couple of weeks.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Congrats on going to the gym, don't even worry about weight and start taking measurements of inches, sometimes the muscle will retain water like everyone says, and also muscle weights more than fat so over time you might even put on a little weight. This is nothing to worry about and you'll look more tone!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Congrats on going to the gym, don't even worry about weight and start taking measurements of inches, sometimes the muscle will retain water like everyone says, and also muscle weights more than fat so over time you might even put on a little weight. This is nothing to worry about and you'll look more tone!

pound for pound muscle does not weigh more than fat.thats an old myth. a lb of muscle takes up less space.and in 2 weeks its not going to be muscle gain to stop the scale from moving.
  • jackiehill13
    jackiehill13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, will carry on then and see what happens, have just taken my measurements hopefully will see some centimeters diminishing soon.