I like ke spanish food
  • yuselRivera
    yuselRivera Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need to know what to eat to lose weight
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you like, as long as it fits into your calories.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    you can eat literally any food and lose weight. the big issue is portion control, and to lose weight, it's a good idea to know how MUCH of each food you can eat. have you input your height, weight and gender into MFP along with your weight loss goal? it should give you a daily calorie amount, and from there you can eat as much of each food as fits your numbers.
  • yuselRivera
    yuselRivera Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Eat food.
    Less food than you did before.
    Every day.

Try to move your body more than you did before.
    Every day.

(or: Fill out the forms that MFP gives you to set goals. Find out your goal.
    Every day, enter every single thing you eat or drink into your food log)
  • cleoallen2
    cleoallen2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am eating too much fruit and would like to eat more vegetables for snacks. Any ideas?
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    cleoallen2 wrote: »
    I am eating too much fruit and would like to eat more vegetables for snacks. Any ideas?

If you like the sweet flavor of fruits, sugar snap peas, carrots, and bell peppers are relatively sweet veggies and I quite enjoy snacking on them.

A little more prep, but roasted beets can also be rather sweet and once they are cooked, they're quite good cold on a salad (especially with goat cheese!)

Is there a particular reason you say you eat too much fruit?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    A giant bowl of salad using a good quality sweet balsamic vinegar as a dressing satisfies my sweet craving. My favorite is strawberry balsamic by Veronica Foods. They are a wholesaler who distributes to a lot of local shops, who rebottle it under their own label. Amazon sells it too, but 50% higher than my local shop sells for.

Ditto roasted vegetables. Be sure to include beets. Toss them in balsamic and roast. Once they caramelize they become super sweet. I love them fresh out of the oven, and cold the next day over mixed greens.

I developed a grazing problem after many years at a rather unexciting front desk volunteer job. I’ve started taking a big zip lock of baby carrots, sliced radishes and cucumbers, along with a few tablespoons of Walden Farms zero calorie ranch dressing in a small Tupperware container. A giant bag seldom comes to more than 60 calories, takes a while to eat, satisfying crunch, and very very filling.

Check your farmers market for unusual locally grown vegetables. I’ve just discovered watermelon radishes. They are gorgeous, and taste like a cross between an apple and a radish, and virtually no calories.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the next season’s surprises will be.

Try something new. Grocery store had a deal on fennel bulb. I’ve never tried it before and for that price I was willing to experiment. I cubed it and threw it into my roast vegetables along with some of that watermelon radish. It was lovely!

Next up is to try the local ethnic grocery. They have a massive produce department full of things to try!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    By the way, you might be interested in this group for support:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers