Loseing weight after having baby

Options
My daughter is 4 months old now and I've put on 10kg when I had her I dropped down to my normal weight of 65kg everyone said how great I looked before having her I was a gym junky quite fit went nearly every day absolutely loved it..I workout most days on treadmill doing HIIT I lift weights some days when I have the time although most days I'm quite tired..I still push through a workout I eat fairly healthy I've tryed smoothies cutting Bak on food..Feeling frustrated I feel like starving myself but can't as I'm breastfeeding which supposedly your ment to burn calories.Aah what to do?

Replies

• django_rheinhardt
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't cut back on your weight. What will happen is that your milk production will actually decrease. Unfortunately, you might not be able to really lose weight while you're breast feeding. However, what you can do is try exercises that you can do in between taking care of the baby and or while carrying your baby. Www.girlsgonestrong.com has some nice articles about being fit during and after pregnancy. It might be worth check that website out.

Also, this website mentions that there is such a thing as exercise classes geared towards women taking care of their little ones. Other than that, just take your time with it.

Good luck!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Have patience. Your baby is only four months old. It took me a year to lose all my pregnancy weight (though, admittedly, I gained a lot more than you did). The old saying is that it took 9 months to put on, expect it to take 9 months to take off.

Enter your stats into MFP, choose a 1 pound/week deficit, and log -500 calories every day to cover the breastfeeding. This is an option in the Food Diary. Just search "breastfeeding". Outside of that, eat the calories MFP tells you to eat (the breastfeeding gives you an extra 500/day).

Do your best to incorporate physical activity into your life. I did a mommy-and-me circuit-style workout class, but even long walks with baby in stroller (or worn) are good. If you do a lot of physical activity, either pick the corresponding activity level or log the exercise and eat back about 75% of the calories. (MFP calorie estimates for exercise tend to skew high.)
  • FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah I could not loose weight while breastfeeding but when my baby weaned herself I started to loose ...