edited December 2016
    Options
    Seasonal: Bell's Oktoberfest
    Otherwise, Guinness
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    _ddgjr_ wrote: »
    My favorite of late has been "The Bruery" in Orange County CA.

Mischief - Belgian Style Strong Ale
    Trade Winds - Belgian Style Triple with Thai Basil
    Or Xata - Kind of an oddity, a beer that tastes and feels like a Mexican or Spanish Horchata

They also have a sister brewery called "Bruery Terreux" which is definitely worth a look if you are into Sours or what some might call Oddities.

Too bad you're not my neighbor. I've been giving away cases of Bruery stuff. I used to be a huge fan.

@_ddgjr_ Is there a reason you're not a fan any more? Bruery stuff is expensive here in flyover country.
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    I still haven't tried every single one yet so I may not have found my favorite yet. I'm trying though.
  • chrisg676
    chrisg676 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    San Miguel or Peroni for me please
  • jazzyoboe
    jazzyoboe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My town has so many breweries, it's wonderful. My absolute favorite is Cold Smoke Nitro (which is only available on tap at the brewery).
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Arran Blonde beer! from an island off the West Coast of Scotland, utterly lovely!
  • alexbailey815
    alexbailey815 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gritty McGruf's Gorilla Stout, out of Maine
  • alexbailey815
    alexbailey815 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Sammy Smith's Nut Brown Ale
  • columbus2015
    columbus2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Granville Island Brewery's Lions Winter Ale - absolutely fantastic dark beer for winter...I'm going to have to stock up before they shut it down in the spring....
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Not craft..

BudLight
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Sammy Smith's Nut Brown Ale

Sam smith oatmeal stout is also a great one but I agree the nut brown is great
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Options
    We have a brewery in Monson, MA called Treehouse. They have many varieties but Haze is my favorite. It looks like orange juice in the glass and tastes like heaven. They don't distribute so you have to go to the brewery and wait for as many as 12 cans but rarely more than that. But it's worth the wait, the drive, and every penny.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's a toss-up between Bell's Hopslam and Dark Horse's Double Crooked Tree. New Holland's Dragon's Milk is close behind.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    bboyd223 wrote: »
    Not a huge beer connoisseur so I probably shouldn't be posting, but I do want to try this one.umiocgdrtf98.png

That sounds interesting! Might be too sweet for me though, but if try it.

Even as a Portland boy, I have to say that Rogue sucks... with the exception of Dead Guy.

On the other hand, I love EVERYTHING that Hair of the Dog does. This weekend, we bought two $20 bottles of cellared amazingness, including a bourbon barrel aged Fred (golden, strong ale) and a Flanders style red sour that was to-die-for good. Then there's Pliney the Elder from Russian River, Abbacus and Sucabba from Firestone-Walker, Sculpin and Grapefruit Sculpin... too many to choose from.

I've heard Founders is ridonculous and I can't wait to try some.

I live next door in Idaho, and I've been visiting the Rogue brewery in Newport since I was a kid (my parents are big fans). As I've gotten older and become a beer enthusiast myself, I personally find Rogue to be a little overrated. Admittedly, they're known for good reasons and I understand they were one of the first (class of '88, right?), but it's hard to keep up in today's market with so many great micro breweries popping up. I will agree that Dead Guy is an exception. Hands down, one of my favorite beers. I will always enjoy a Dead Guy.

I've never had Pliney the Elder. I see it on so many beer Instagrams. One day, but I'll probably have to arrange some sort of beer exchange or travel to pull that off.

Absolutely seconding on Ballast Point, particularly the Sculpin(s). Very expensive though! :\

Whoa, beer neighbor! I was raised in Portland, but currently live in Boise. Whereabouts do you live? I promise not to stalk you too bad, just looking to talk local beer. Glad we're in agreement on Rogue! If you're in Astoria, Fort George is amazing and doesn't brew anything that's too bad in my experience. Keep drinking!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I like beer other people are drinking.. that way I don't have to taste it. For some reason I really don't like the taste of beer.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    anjulajj wrote: »
    Now that the weather has become cold I have dove back into porters and stouts. I am a huge fan of victory at sea by ballast point and belching beavers peanut butter stout. Track 7 which us a local brew here in sacramento has a great porter called nukn futz. As for imports I love Sam smith brewery a great English brewery with an amazing chocolate stout and oatmeal stout.

Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Ginger beer...mixed with bourbon, lime, and a sprig of mint to make a Kentucky mule.

I am not a beer drinker.
  • cnhuston
    cnhuston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sauvingoun Blanc
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Pretty much Guinness the last two weeks. Gone through a few cases myself.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    My favorite beer is Vodka...lol..actually, I can't stand the smell or taste of beer. Ex husband used to drink it, and I could literally smell it coming from his pores....ack!