Replies

• justgorunningx
    justgorunningx Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi training for an ultra, anyone else?
  • _RNR_
    _RNR_ Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I have a marathon and 2x50mi in the new year. Hope to hit a 100 in '18.
  • lovebirb
    lovebirb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    me, i can currently run 15k max at near 10 min mile, but want to increase pace and distance.. been slowly improving (sooo slowly) since i started running 3 years ago! anyone can add
  • justgorunningx
    justgorunningx Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Rule5pt5 wrote: »
    I have a marathon and 2x50mi in the new year. Hope to hit a 100 in '18.

Wow superb
  • MAiYouC4n
    MAiYouC4n Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Runner here.
  • MAiYouC4n
    MAiYouC4n Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done Rock'n'Roll half Marathons and Rundisney. Looking forward for Rundisney Paris and Great Wall of China next year. Have a great holidays!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Runner here!!!
    Never anything over 26.2 though..just not my desire.

Doing a half in DW in January for Autism Speaks!!

• sarabarnett64
    sarabarnett64 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How do you guys train for an ultra? I'm spent by mile 11.....you must be superhuman!
    I think everyone on here is awesome! Definitely seeing everyone's mileage keeps me motivated to step my game up with my running! My fastest mile was right under 7 minutes but my steady pace is 9 sometimes 10 minute miles!

I have fallen 3 times, had my arm stitched up, broke one phone, encountered the same snake 2 separate times, been stung by wasps on my booty, and had a pack of at least 20 ducks fly into me while running! But nothing compares to the high I get and the great way I feel after a long run!
  • Mayhew85
    Mayhew85 Posts: 77 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've only just started running in the evenings after work.
    I really enjoy it but got a long way to go before trying to run in a marathon/race.
    You guys that can run 15-20 miles are fantastic and hopefully I'll be writing that one day
    I used to be one of those "running, what's the point" people but now I'm a total convert.
    I love getting out and working up sweat and feel a real sense of achievement at the end.
  • Tiburon210
    Tiburon210 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey all I use fitbit. If you do add me at stvrod7@gmail.com
  • BrittanyCLaccetti
    BrittanyCLaccetti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a huge runner! You're weight my be increasing because you aren't eating enough calories. Do you use a fitness tracker? I would start recording your calories and make sure you aren't too deficient.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I love to run but for some reason I don't do it very often ?!?! Has anyone experienced this weirdness, it's like I can't get motivated to do it even though I love it a lot.
  • sarabarnett64
    Options
    I love to run but for some reason I don't do it very often ?!?! Has anyone experienced this weirdness, it's like I can't get motivated to do it even though I love it a lot.

I feel that some days but once I hit the pavement I am like oh yeah I am so glad I made myself go running!

Brittany I was eating too much! I started tracking a couple of weeks ago and I eat to maintain. So I have once again cut back on my calories. It is hard during this time of year! I lost 26 lbs since February but these last 15 lbs that I want to drop are being stubborn. I have lost 5 lbs in 15 days so I am assuming i am on the right track.

• sarabarnett64
    Options
    Tiburon210 wrote: »
    Hey all I use fitbit. If you do add me at stvrod7@gmail.com

I want to purchase a fit bit but my local friends say it made them lose motivation.

So I just use mile markers to know my mileage and my iPhone to time!
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo
    I've had that problem for the last 13 years. My training was spot on for the Naha Marathon.1 week out I got immense hammy pain. Still did the race, but my running has never been the same-lack almost all motivation for it. I do it, but it's just not the same