Wedding Ring Storage While at the Gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    In my purse in my locker because I go straight to work afterwards. If it's a weekend and I'm not working then I just leave it at home. I have a bit less pressure because I wear a cheaper ring during work so if it gets lost/stolen it's not big deal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    The car thing: Avoid hiding things after you arrive at your destination. Hide them before you drive there.

At one of the places I work out (rowing club) we figured out that thieves were hiding where they could watch us, then preferentially breaking into cars where they'd seen someone tucking something(s) away. And because they'd watched, they could quickly go straight for the goodies.

Another possibility: My rowing double partner has a little fabric water bottle carrier/insulator with a tiny zipper pocket, just big enough for her key & rings. Close to you, out of others' sight, harder to overlook/forget yourself.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    In my locked car.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I either leave it in the car or tied to my shoelaces
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I go to a community center gym on Mondays at lunch and I just leave it in my office...I go to my regular gym on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings and just don't wear it on those days.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I tie my ring into my shoe lace. I just pull it out of one of the shoelace holes, put my ring on, my the string back through the hole and tie my shoe (that way even if my shoelace came untied the ring wouldn't come out). Works for me. Another option would be to put it around your necklace if you wear one, or get a locker at the gym if you can.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Mine goes on a clip on my water bottle that stays with me the entire time I am in the gym.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I always forget to take my rings off, for quite some time I couldn't take them off, so they usually end up in my trainers pocket.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Since I work at a gym, I never wear mine except when we go out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    When I belonged to a gym we were warned not to leave valuables in our lockers, especially not to use a combination lock, because there had been so many break-ins. The locker room was the only place in the whole gym without cameras for privacy of course. I'd ask at the police station if thefts had been reported at your gym before leaving anything valuable in a locker or car.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I only take mine off for heavy free weights, because it can get bent or break the sizer. Cardio and light dumbbells, it can stay on. When I take it off, I tie it to my shoe lace and double knot it. I put it right back on after lifting, before leaving the weight room
  • helocat
    helocat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't daily ware mine. I only ware it when going out or traveling. My work used to be too dangerous to ware a ring yrs ago and got into the habit of not warring it daily.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I wear them

Or leave them at home

No way am I taking them off

What she said ^^^
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any jewelry to the gym
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I leave it at home and wear a cheapo Tungsten band I bought for the gym. There's no way I would leave my wedding ring in my car or in a locker. You guys are braver than me or have more trust in people, one of the two.
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Either at home or in the covered console in my car.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I never take my rings off unless I'm lifting a heavy bar during cross fit. Then I tuck them into a small pocket in my leggings waistband.

^This is what I do. I don't crossfit, but I do Stronglifts 5x5 and they end up put in that little pocket every single time.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    I only wear my gold wedding band all day long. After 50 years in my finger I am not removing it unless I go to the hospital or end up in the funeral home. I wear lifting gloves so the ring is not a problem.