Checking in after 6 months (60 pounds lost)

Options
13»

Replies

• Landoficeandsnow
    Landoficeandsnow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow! Haven't looked at this thread in a week and just saw all of your posts. Your support is what pushed me further. It is all of you that I have to be thanking. So THANK YOU to you all! :smile: Here is a collage that I put together. Picture on the right was taken today @232 lbs. :smile: yz3721orho5o.jpg
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    duzkek wrote: »
    Good job brother

Thank you my friend!
  • mike_milligan90
    mike_milligan90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing man!
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    You look amazing man!

Thank you brother!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great job keep up the good work
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    lovely transformation.. congratulations..
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Great job keep up the good work
    lovely transformation.. congratulations..

Thanks all! :D Still have a long way to go but we'll get there.
  • Chanda777
    Chanda777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Chanda777 wrote: »
    Great job!!

Thank you! :)
  • doingitforcckandi
    Options
    Impressive! How did you go about losing that weight so fast? How many calories did you eat on avg per day? And was much of your success from cardio?
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Impressive! How did you go about losing that weight so fast? How many calories did you eat on avg per day? And was much of your success from cardio?

Thank you!

Diet: I've been very strict with my diet. I did a 60/10/40 macro split (protein/carb/fat) for the first 3 months and hit a plateau. I then changed it to 50/20/30. That is what I'm running right now. Also, my BMR is 2,500 so I try to stay under 2,100 calories. Had a tough time feeling full but then I gave up alcohol and that alone freed up a whole bunch of calories that I could use towards food. There is no magic here.

Routine: I try to work out on empty stomach. I mainly run Wendlers 5/3/1 with extra accessory work. That's four times a week. I do 30 minutes of rowing on squat and deadlift days at the end of the workout. I also do a core day (usually Saturday) followed by either 20-30 minutes of stair master or elliptical.

The biggest thing about this journey was commitment. They say that is takes 3 weeks for our brain to fall into a routine. I took it a day at a time (with diet and exercises) for the first 3 weeks and still do to this day. I've learned that you cannot let bad days get in your way because every day is a new day.

Hope this helps! More than happy to answer any other questions that you have.
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Oh WOAH!!!! You're looking incredible! I love that you shared your journey and your results here; it's inspiring and exactly what I was needing this evening to feel reenergized. Thank you! Simply outstanding! Tough days are inevitable. But THIS progress is undeniable. Stick to your commitments. You are doing it!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    You look great & bet you feel great too. You worked hard, we all have bad days. Stay with us
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Oh WOAH!!!! You're looking incredible! I love that you shared your journey and your results here; it's inspiring and exactly what I was needing this evening to feel reenergized. Thank you! Simply outstanding! Tough days are inevitable. But THIS progress is undeniable. Stick to your commitments. You are doing it!

Thank you! Glad that this helped! :) I can only hope that my journey may inspire someone as many of the stories here have inspired me.
    Evamutt wrote: »
    You look great & bet you feel great too. You worked hard, we all have bad days. Stay with us

I'm here to stay. :) Thank you!
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I suspect people tend to take you more seriously now. You're getting that "ice cream cone" physique I've always admired in men. I hope you're as masculine as you look.
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    I suspect people tend to take you more seriously now. You're getting that "ice cream cone" physique I've always admired in men. I hope you're as masculine as you look.

You know, and this is really sad, but losing weight made me realize how shallow some people are. I get treated way different now... Thank you. I tend to think that I'm masculine but who knows. ;)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Dude; beast mode achieved. Well done!
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Dude; beast mode achieved. Well done!

Long way to go until beast mode but thank you brother! :)
    gwenbk wrote: »
    Yes it is sad that society is so shallow. Thank you so much for posting your pics & info. You are inspiring & blessing many. Perhaps many will be able to avoid Diabetes 2 in their 60’s which I have & believe me it is tough. Tho’ “under control” I often had fatigue & felt ill last 3 years. Now reducing oral meds & losing some weight by seeing carbs/sugar on MFP.

Thank you for the kind words. :) I find that no many things are "under control" these days. We just have to put our best foot forward everyday on our march towards our dreams. Good luck with your goals!
  • masoi13
    masoi13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!