Young professionals (21-35)

Options
bgh707
bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
Hey all! I'm recently back here after a long break. I gained 20 lb in my last job, and it look me almost a year to lose the weight (plus a little more). Now I'm hoping to lose another 20 before my wedding next year. I keep a paleo diet and do boot camp workouts 2-3 times a week and try to supplement with spinning or running twice a week -- but classes in NY are expensive and I get bored working out by myself. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• bgh707
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Kendralh
    Kendralh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I'll send you a request.

Nuclear engineer, 26, Seattle area. Goal is more to be/stay healthy, but certainly wouldn't mind losing about 30 lbs!
  • Itsjakev
    Itsjakev Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just added you :) Im trying to lose about 15 more pounds
  • eisel83
    eisel83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    33 here and I've been at it for years. Make it part of your lifestyle and don't make it a short term commitment. I'll add you, good luck!
  • sdphil90
    sdphil90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, so you should be able to see my request. :smile: I'm 26 and an attorney in Chicago. It's a little difficult to stay healthy with with 12 hour days I work, but I'm trying to get back into it. I just recently got a personal trainer in the hopes of really getting back on my weight-loss/fitness journey.
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    24 here with a family <3

I'm here to lose 100 pounds and finish my program on becoming a certified personal trainer.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    24 here, working in upstate NY as a Quality Control Lab Tech. I'll add you (anyone else feel free to add me too!)
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    32 here and been in banking for 13 years. I feel like I'm constantly yo-yo-ing. I lose so much motivation this time of year because winter in Wisconsin = yuck :/ Feel free to add me!
  • Cedura
    Cedura Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello, anyone on this feed is welcome to add me! I am 27, a teacher, and trying to lose almost 100 lbs (1 pound at a time baby!) I am also getting married next year in October, and hope to be well on my way towards my goal by then. My fiance and I also know we want to try for children in the next few years, so I am hoping to develop healthier eating habits now before pregnancy starts.
  • bgh707
    Options
    Nice to "meet" everyone! I also forgot to add that I work in business development :). I hope that we can all encourage each other to keep it up, even with our busy schedules!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered why people who are in business and tech are labeled as "professionals". My 30 year old nephew does landscaping and has been since he was 14. Yet he's considered a laborer instead of a professional.
    Why is that?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I never know if I'm considered a professional or not.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I've always wondered why people who are in business and tech are labeled as "professionals". My 30 year old nephew does landscaping and has been since he was 14. Yet he's considered a laborer instead of a professional.
    Why is that?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm convinced it comes down to the clothes you wear on the job lol
  • Melawesomes
    Melawesomes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 33yo museum professional in Indiana. Working on losing about 40 pounds and learning new, long-term healthy habits. Feel free to add me!
  • Eliniita
    Eliniita Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    27, in Education, trying to lose 20 lbs. I've recently started going to the gym, and love it...but it's definitely not easy when it feels like I have no extra time for anything. :/
  • alyssapark16
    alyssapark16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 22 and working as a Korean translator. I live in Maine now, but my husband and I are moving to the Seattle area in January. :blush: My goal is to lose about 70 pounds, for both my self-image and the future prospect of a healthy pregnancy when we're ready. I am most definitely open to friend requests!
  • tamilea82
    tamilea82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    34 Property Management. Looking to lose weight and stay healthy. Open to friends to share this journey.
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Why is that?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I agree
  • mamosa22
    mamosa22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, im 34 and im a Xray/CT tech...tryin to lose 30lbs...add me!
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cedura wrote: »
    Hello, anyone on this feed is welcome to add me! I am 27, a teacher, and trying to lose almost 100 lbs (1 pound at a time baby!) I am also getting married next year in October, and hope to be well on my way towards my goal by then. My fiance and I also know we want to try for children in the next few years, so I am hoping to develop healthier eating habits now before pregnancy starts.

Congrats on your impending marriage!

Hi there, I'm 22 and working as a Korean translator. I live in Maine now, but my husband and I are moving to the Seattle area in January. :blush: My goal is to lose about 70 pounds, for both my self-image and the future prospect of a healthy pregnancy when we're ready. I am most definitely open to friend requests!

Yay for similar goals! Hi I'm 28 in Sydney Australia, I'm a digital graphic designer. I've steadily gained weight ever since I got married and when my husband and I started talking about having kids, I weighed myself for the first time in a while and was shocked that I've gained so much. My Goal is to lose 20 pounds in the beginning and continue to eventually lose around 40 pounds. I stared at 173 and am now 162 after being on MFP for 5 weeks or so? My goal is 147 - 151 initially and eventually 132 ish.. goal is to be as healthy and in a healthy BMI by the time we start trying for a baby. Feel free to add, I'll be adding too!