I need weight training help

Options
Im looking for a buddy to help need accountability need a new routine can anyone help trying to put on muscle by the end of january. Been in gyme for 3 months think i hit a plateau

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    @psuLemon has an excellent thread with a lot of different programs.

hopefully he or someone else can come in here and link it -- I would but I don't see it in the stickies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

hopefully he or someone else can come in here and link it -- I would but I don't see it in the stickies.
    I think it's in the HARD GAINERS in the groups forum.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

It's in the stickies in the Gaining Weight forum:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

It's in the stickies in the Gaining Weight forum:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thanks for linking it.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    riches41 wrote: »
    Im looking for a buddy to help need accountability need a new routine can anyone help trying to put on muscle by the end of january. Been in gyme for 3 months think i hit a plateau

putting on appreciable size takes YEARS...what exactly are you hoping to accomplish in the next 6 weeks?
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Perseverance, patience and consistency will get you a long ways in lifting! I've been lifting for a year now and I honestly can't say I've put on much muscle at this point. I'm lifting a lot more weight though!! I don't know what program you've been running up to now but there are lots out there. Stick with reputable programs like Stronglifts 5x5 or Weider's 3-2-1 or something from bodybuilding.com and you'll do well! Make sure it involves "programming" and isn't just a bunch of random exercises though.