Replies

• hutchija14
    hutchija14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sweet potato gnocchi
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chile lime chicken burgers, frozen chocolate croissants, their new chocolate waffles are wonderful, whole wheat pita bread, riced cauliflower, sweet potato tortilla chips, spinach and artichoke dip, refrigerated grilled chicken strips, frozen mac n cheese, mini dark chocolate mint star cookies, the list goes on....
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    The frozen chicken gyoza are an amazing calorie deal and really good.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you! This is why I love the MFP community. I did read the other threads about Trader Joes but got overwhelmed!
    So I listed everything everyone suggested so I'll look at it when I get there. Definitely seems like I need to get the chili lime chicken burgers, cookie butter and peppermint joe joes. I knew about this cookie butter but I was holding off because I hear it's so addicting!
    THANK YOU!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Cookie Thins - they come in ginger and lemon. The ginger are so good, crispy and spicy. And very low calorie for the serving size.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Almonds, cashews, they have a nice cranberry trail mix I like, unsulphured dried cherries
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Oh oh . and the canned turkey chili with beans is absolutely delicious!

Ugh. I can't. I had a stomach bug not too long ago and thought I would be well enough to try that... never again!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's, but I don't get to go there often because its a bit of a drive to the closest one. These are the items I always stock up on though.

Green Dragon Hot Sauce
    Chicken Gyoza Potstickers
    Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
    Organic Pesto Tortellini
    Unexpected Cheddar Cheese
    Stockmeyer Prosciutto (not specifically one of their brands, but TJ is the only place I have seen this at)
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sesame bagels
    Whole wheat hamburger buns - really good when put in the toaster on the bagel setting
    Dried apricots
    Dried berry blend
    Dark chocolate covered caramels
    Chocolate covered mint marshmallows
    Cowboy caviar (tomato-less corn salsa)
    Tortilla chips
    Pita crackers
    Plantain chips
    Goat cheese bites
    Mini brie bites
  • joans1976
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Ugh. I can't. I had a stomach bug not too long ago and thought I would be well enough to try that... never again!

From the turkey chili?!? I bought it!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Just listing some things we always have on hand that TJs has that are more expensive or unavailable at other groceries:

unsalted toasted slivered almonds
    chili lime chicken burgers
    rosemary turkey burgers
    tuna burgers
    salmon burgers
    soyccatash (mixed frozen veg with edamame instead of limas)
    frozen grilled corn
    light feta
    pesto Genovese (in refrigerator case, not the jarred stuff)
    hard grating cheeses like parmigiano reggiano, peccorino romano, etc.
    whole milk Greek yogurt
    unsweetened soy milk
    Whole milk ricotta that's just milk & cultures, no thickeners

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

From the turkey chili?!? I bought it!

Youll be okay, she was sick and couldnt stomach it lol. Its delicious!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Mochi ice cream balls
    Pre-mixed hollandaise sauce

These are my "only available at TJ's" go to items, although I think I saw the mochi balls at 99 Ranch too.

Just dropped by TJ's a few mins ago.

Instead of the mochi ice cream balls, I bought a box of chocolate ice cream bon bons -- 12 for just $4 and only 60 cals each. Same cals as the mochi balls but you only get 6 of those for $4+, so the bon bons are a better deal.

I buy them instead of just a pint/qt/gallon of ice cream because it provides a means of portion control w/o feeling deprived. Same for the Ghiardelli chocolate squares that I also buy elsewhere.

Also bought some frozen peas and tofu but you can buy them anywhere.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I second the chili lime chicken burgers and yes they do have cilantro but honestly I have never noticed it in there so it must be very little (I actually looked on the package - I just got some the other day - otherwise I wouldn't have realized it was in there). Also the mini ice cream cones, the French onion soup, any of their brittles (they had this pumpkin seed one that was awesome but I forgot to see if they had it this year), the frozen macarons,and the frozen mac and chees with hatch green chilies. My cousin said the truffle cheese is awesome (not my thing). And for non-food I love their tea tree tingle soap - it smells so minty and yummy.

I love the tea tree tingle body wash. Their prices on breakfast cereal, nuts, and cheese are great. My husband loves their coffee.

If you have calories, their vanilla ice cream is the best I've had. I'm also a fan of the Nutty Bites and the Baconesque Popcorn.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    There's a tea tree tingle body wash?
  • avisitant
    avisitant Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Riced cauliflower (in the produce section), and frozen soup dumplings (just tried this week)!
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread, I went by TJs. I *was* going to get the turkey chili as I am always eating the cup of turkey chili and Panera but, whoa, I thought the calorie count was fairly high on that for the cup, so I passed. I did get the mini-ice cream cones at 70 calories each and the chicken gyoza. They seemed like a good caloric deal.

They were giving out samples of the chocolate chocolate chip waffles with Jingle Jangle ice cream on top. Delicious. Bought some of each but I'm not eating. I will just watch my kids eat it!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Carne asada is yummy for fajitas
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    So addictive... Hehe.

xzoqw0fflxc1.jpg
  • joans1976
    Options
    I second the chili lime chicken burgers and yes they do have cilantro but honestly I have never noticed it in there so it must be very little (I actually looked on the package - I just got some the other day - otherwise I wouldn't have realized it was in there). Also the mini ice cream cones, the French onion soup, any of their brittles (they had this pumpkin seed one that was awesome but I forgot to see if they had it this year), the frozen macarons,and the frozen mac and chees with hatch green chilies. My cousin said the truffle cheese is awesome (not my thing). And for non-food I love their tea tree tingle soap - it smells so minty and yummy.

I love the tea tree tingle body wash. Their prices on breakfast cereal, nuts, and cheese are great. My husband loves their coffee.

If you have calories, their vanilla ice cream is the best I've had. I'm also a fan of the Nutty Bites and the Baconesque Popcorn.

I love the baconesque popcorn too but they haven't had it the last 2 times I've been there.