Best place to get UK sports clothes for women?

Options
EmBlazes
EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
Hi

Really helping you can help with this... I'm badly in need of some new sports clothes but there seems to be little out there for a UK size 18 woman :sad:

I prefer dark blue or brown to black which is one of my problems! All trousers seem to only come in black!!

T-shirts aren't so much of a problem but I badly need some new trousers for the gym. I have quite chunky legs so I need some that are more wide fitting (just so I can get more of a boot-cut look). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm currently wearing an old pair of Nike women's trousers which I really like because they have a good cut and fit and are comfy but their latest ones only seem to come in black or in "slim fit" which doesn't suit me.

Would love to hear any suggestions for places I might not have tried yet!!

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just wear black or brown legging, I have some to my ankles and some just below the knee. They arent sporty one's maybe from Wallis? or Dorothy Perkins? and I where them with a vest top.

x
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    have you tried m&m direct? just type that it into google and you should find it.

It's an online store and very good for sports clothes. Not the cheapest sometimes but still good.

:flowerforyou:
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i use Sports Direct i have a few pairs of jogging bottoms from the in sizes 16-18 i'm sure i've seen them in navy blue. Really cheap aswell normally no more than £5, they have some nice workout tops in there too that have the support band inside to keep you extra comfy again no more than £5-£7. Sorry this sounds like an advert but i get all my sports stuff from there, i refuse to pay loads of money for something that gets all sweaty & hopefully i won't fit into for very long :) Have a look at their website if you have'nt got one near you x
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sainsburys have quite good workout clothes, and go to size 22. I got some bottoms out there (they come in short and long too), for £9, they are quite light material (felt like "proper" sports trousers) and are great.

Tescos to do, but the quality is not as good, more heavy style joggers.

Also - decathlon if you have one near you has loads
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I like TK Maxx for good quality brands at an affordable price.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sports Direct for cheap stuff - some of which is very good

Sweaty Betty is I am told - very good.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Got mine in Asda - mens large. They fit me, and I am a size 18. You wouldnt be able to tell that they are mens, and they fit me really well. Plus they were only £8!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    ...............also Reebok do up to a size 24 or something. You can get them from Simply Be online.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Decathlon is AWESOME! Everytime I go in there I come out with about 20 other things that I totally didn't know I needed, and it's encouraged me to take up sports that I hadn't even considered. Love. And it's quite reasonably priced as well.
  • EmBlazes
    Options
    Hi and thank you all for your replies :happy:

I had tried some of these places but it's worth looking again because I know sports direct for example regularly gets new stuff in. I think the problem is that I get so upset when I see the perfect pair of jogging bottoms and then they only go up to a size 14. I'm just going to have to drop the weight so I can fit into the smaller sizes :bigsmile: I'm working on that.

Will definitely check out some of your suggestions. I remembered that Sainsburys was really good but I shop at Tesco now so might check out their clothing section for some "in between sizes" stuff. As mentioned.. there is no point getting flash expensive gear that will be too big in 6 months time.

Thanks everyone :love:
  • NitaCeeCee
    NitaCeeCee Posts: 55
    Options
    simplybe have good sports clothes. not just any stuff either. they have adidas and nike stuff in larger sizes which shocked me lol
  • EmBlazes
    Options
    Will also check out simplybe. I have looked at their site before but didn't see anything last time I checked. As I said I think I'm quite particular so maybe that's why I've found it so hard!

Today I went to Sports Direct and although I hate shopping there (they stuff too much stuff in the store, it's very disorganised and the customer service is generally very poor), I did come up trumps.. there were good jogging bottoms in a variety of brands and colours that went up to my size and they were reasonably priced. I bought 5 pairs so that should keep me going until I have to drop a size!!!

Thanks again for your help guys!! :smile: