Will my obsession with weightloss die down

Options
10 days in and I'm Obsessed. I work Out Everyday and eat healthy. I Just can't Just Wait To be 55 pound's Lighter. Current 200. Sw 207 tired of being fat.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    It may settle down if you find a way of eating that works for you without much struggle.

Once you are 55 pounds lighter, you'll need a plan to keep it off. The weight loss phase is a good time to experiment to find a way of eating that will work for the weight maintenance phase.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Obsession can be a good thing so long as it doesn't become harmful. Like you, I've been obsessed in losing weight since September 17th.

My obsession started with changing my mindset. My motto about food now is "EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT". I'm 46 years old at 4'11" and my weight loss journey is as follows:

SW 145.6 lbs on 9/17/2016
    CW 128.4 lbs as of 12/4/2016
    UW 105 lbs by 2/20/2017 but will settle for 112 lbs by that date and will continue to work towards my UW goal.

MY STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! But since changing my mindset, MFP has become an obsession for me when tracking my meals and macros. Although I meet, exceed or don't meet some of my macros; I'm still losing an average of 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Consequently, my weight loss has been slow and steady which is the best way. Replacing coffee to include cream and sugar with oolong and green tea (+ 1 tbs honey & lemon juice) has helped a lot as well as following this simple and most effective rule: 80% Clean Diet + 20% Moderate Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS!

Last, I've learned that there are no shortcuts! Creating a calorie deficit (through moderate calorie restriction and increase in physical activity) is the only way to lose weight. Any plan that does not require sacrifice is unrealistic and leads to failure!

Since the beginning of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 6. My ULTIMATE goal is to get back into a size 2.

YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED! :)<3
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    It might, it might not. You may even get more obsessed.

Just remember that whether or not it's a bad thing really depends on what it causes you to do and how you feel about it.

To paraphrase Eric Helms:

"One person could say: I get up, I get ready for work, I turn the light on and off exactly 20 times and I go to work

Another person could say: I get up, I get ready for work, I turn the light on and off exactly 20 times and I hate it and want to kill myself"

There are certainly exceptions to this but in many cases things like this depend a lot on how you perceive them.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Obsession can be a good thing so long as it doesn't become harmful. Like you, I've been obsessed in losing weight since September 17th.

My obsession started with changing my mindset. My motto about food now is "EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT". I'm 46 years old at 4'11" and my weight loss journey is as follows:

SW 145.6 lbs on 9/17/2016
    CW 128.4 lbs as of 12/4/2016
    UW 105 lbs by 2/20/2017 but will settle for 112 lbs by that date and will continue to work towards my UW goal.

MY STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! But since changing my mindset, MFP has become an obsession for me when tracking my meals and macros. Although I meet, exceed or don't meet some of my macros; I'm still losing an average of 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Consequently, my weight loss has been slow and steady which is the best way. Replacing coffee to include cream and sugar with oolong and green tea (+ 1 tbs honey & lemon juice) has helped a lot as well as following this simple and most effective rule: 80% Clean Diet + 20% Moderate Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS!

Last, I've learned that there are no shortcuts! Creating a calorie deficit (through moderate calorie restriction and increase in physical activity) is the only way to lose weight. Any plan that does not require sacrifice is unrealistic and leads to failure!

Since the beginning of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 6. My ULTIMATE goal is to get back into a size 2.

YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED! :)<3

What food do u eat?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • tbeebe99
    tbeebe99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm more obsessed 1.5 years into it. I lost 50lbs through diet and exercise. 20lbs under goal weight. Once there I stepped back and thought "What next?" My new focus is strength training.
    Keep reevaluating where you are in your fitness journey and make adjustments that keep you excited.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Think of it as motivation and not obsession. :)

I did get into more of a routine after awhile, but I still think about it and work hard every day to keep what I worked for.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    It might, it might not. You may even get more obsessed.

Just remember that whether or not it's a bad thing really depends on what it causes you to do and how you feel about it.

To paraphrase Eric Helms:

"One person could say: I get up, I get ready for work, I turn the light on and off exactly 20 times and I go to work

Another person could say: I get up, I get ready for work, I turn the light on and off exactly 20 times and I hate it and want to kill myself"

There are certainly exceptions to this but in many cases things like this depend a lot on how you perceive them.

I like this.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I hope so.

Can almost guarantee it. I see burnout coming.

I wasn't hoping for burnout, but it is likely going to happen.
  • jaymiepwnz
    jaymiepwnz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I hope so.

Can almost guarantee it. I see burnout coming.

That seems unnecessary. Just hope for the best for other people.