Need some ideas. New to this.

Options
I don't know what kinds of foods are food for you and low in calorie . snack ideas and what not . I'm open to New ideas But it kinds needs to be on the cheaper side. Any help is very much appreciated!

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Eggs, frozen veggies, buy meat on sale, try to shop in bulk for things like rice and dried beans. Generally a cheaper per unit cost.

• gatorboo
    gatorboo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I shall definitely try and work that stuff into my diet. (i eat rice often anyways :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    • If your goal is to lose weight, you can eat anything in moderation.
    • A diet that provides you an appropriate amount of calories (what's appropriate, depends on your height, weight, age, sex, activity level, and whether you need to lose, gain or maintain your weight), contains all the macro- and micronutrients you need (fat, protein, carbs + vitamins, mineral, fiber), predominantly made up of real, whole foods (food that belong to a food group - fruit, vegetables, meat/fish/eggs/legumes, dairy, nuts/seeds, grains/starchy vegetables, fats), and food you like, is a good diet.
    • No single food is in itself good or bad (for you).
    • Because no single food provides you with everything you need, variety is important. This means that you should eat foods that have low energy (calorie) density and foods that have high energy density. The amount you eat, will decide if the food has many or few calories. So stop looking for low calorie foods. You can eat anything.
    • Try to eat regular meals instead of snacking. But if you prefer to snack, eat foods you would normally eat in a meal.
    • If you cook/prepare your own meals, make normal food, buy ordinary foods/ingredients, and eat up everything, you will eat as cheap as you can. Base your intake around legumes, grains and dairy, buy fresh or frozen vegetables, fish and meat, canned or fresh vegetables, dried or canned legumes, depending on what's cheapest, eat 2 or 3 portions of fresh fruit every day - buy what's cheapest that looks good. Don't pay more for brand names, organic, free or low this or that. Decide if prepared food is saving you enough time and work to justify markup.
  • gatorboo
    gatorboo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I shall try that then . I appreciate it grreatly .
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like to get the most food for the least calories and keep it as healthy as possible too. I eat a lot of chicken breast, tuna, shrimp, whole grain carbs and veggies. I also like a large flavor profile for my food so I look for sauces that have great flavor and low calories. Vinegars, low fat sauces and hot sauces work pretty well for me.