Work out from home or Gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym. Otherwise I don't get anything done, because I have a very curious cat :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Home. DVD's/weights and treadmill. I mix it up. I prefer home vs gym. Plus it's free.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Gym. There I can focus on gym stuff - at home I can't. Plus the gym has more equipment, better equipment, people to spot, showers, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi... I love going to the gym!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Home gym. I bought a three bedroom house just so I could have an indoor weight room. I would feel pretty silly walking past that single-purpose room everyday if I didn't use it. I also run outdoors no matter the weather. My motivations are having a reason to get out of the house and the beautiful scenery. My area actually looks even prettier covered in snow.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I have a nice home set-up and I love being able to lift any time of day without interruption. (except for my dog bringing me every one of her toys when I'm warming up. But once the weights are clinking, she's gone).
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I rely on my gym's daycare to keep my boys out of my hair while I workout. I love having that non-negotiable, uninterrupted Me Time every single day.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated? The sun comes up and the sun goes down. I have the same 24 hours whether I'm doing nothing to improve my health or something to improve my health. Sick hurts, so I'll try to improve.
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I work out at home on weekdays, go to the gym on weekends. How I look in the mirror, and how I want to look in the mirror keeps me motivated. Also, when I work out and eat right I just feel really good, physically.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have a home gym I use sometimes ... or I'll drop in at one of the local gyms, often on rainy days on the weekends ... or I'll go outside and do something. Or some combination of that.

I'm active every day ... the day wouldn't be complete without doing something.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Home for me. Dumbbells, chinups, dip station WOSS straps, stairs, lawn mower, snow shovel lol.

I'm a little addicted to the workouts, but my main motivation is just having a decent quality of life I guess. Most of my friends have slowed down at in our age group, and I just don't want to. :)
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I work out at home with weights, a treadmill and DVDs, mostly for the convenience. I watch favorite tv shows while doing wts/treadmill work. I pay myself 2$ per workout and then spend the $$ on treats like fancy teas or new workout clothes or whatever I happen to have my eye on. ;)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Mostly I run, outdoors. When the weather is bad or I've been too busy to get out during the day, it's nice to be able to hop on the TM or bike in the basement for an hour or so while dinner is cooking. If I had to drive to a gym (about 20-30 minutes from where I live) I'd rarely do it. I can do light weights, calisthenics, exercise or yoga dvds, etc. there as well. No social assist, but the dog likes to participate.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I woke out home but hope to get to a gym at some point. I'm eventually going to outgrow my weights at home. I'm keeping an eye out for equipment but so far have been coming up dry. Cardio I can do anywhere.