Full body home workout help.

Options
I want to do 6 bodyweight exercises. For each I'm going to do 3 sets of 10 - 12 reps. Can you give me 6 bodyweight exercises that would make a great BEGINNER workout for an OBESE person?

Replies

• JR188
    JR188 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Great way to get started. There are 2 additional workouts as you progress, or of course you try others or begin adding weights. You have no limits. Good luck!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I too would recommend the Nerdfitness routine @JR188 posted.

Don't expect to do it all at once. Start slow and simplify the moves. doing just one set of each exercise is great to begin with.
    Push-ups against the wall or the kitchen counter, squats lowering to a chair/stool and then standing back up as you lightly touch it, jumping jacks- high step or march in place swinging your arms until high impact is comfortable.

Make it your goal to be able to complete the routine.

Cheers, h.

Here is another routine that you could do at home. Same as above- do what is comfortable for you now and work towards completing the routine. I made notes of the moves so I could do it slower when I first started. You can use no weights, tins of food, or hand weights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bhE67HuDY
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Why 6? Why not 5 or 7?

Anyhow.. My recommendation (I recommend this a lot, I promise I'm not on some soert of referral or kickback scheme) is Mark Lauren's You Are You Own Gym book or app.

A full body, body weight only, strength training system designed to be done at home with almost zero equipment and the program has beginner to advanced training programs which you can use to start gentle and ramp up the intensity as you get fitter/lighter/stronger.

• stationlouisa
    stationlouisa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just wear what you feel comfortable in, people have been exercising and playing sports for decades without Activewear,
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Here is another routine that you could do at home. Same as above- do what is comfortable for you now and work towards completing the routine. I made notes of the moves so I could do it slower when I first started. You can use no weights, tins of food, or hand weights

That looks like it would work for me. Thanks for linking to it.

• shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, glute raises, push ups, planks (front and side) and inverted rows under a table! Check out darebee.com for some ideas of body weight programs without equipment you can do too. Good luck and stay consistent!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning, but have tried neither.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Here is another routine that you could do at home. Same as above- do what is comfortable for you now and work towards completing the routine. I made notes of the moves so I could do it slower when I first started. You can use no weights, tins of food, or hand weights

That looks like it would work for me. Thanks for linking to it.

Oggy og dog ..he's grinning

Love him

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    The nerd fitness mentioned a couple of times above is great - I started it as a total beginner
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Nerd fitness has a great warm up video. My go-tos are hip thrust, push up, planks, triceps bench dips, squats and lunges.