Help with going raw

Options
I am going to go mostly all raw foods with cooked chicken breast and broccoli cause I can't handle raw broccoli lol. Can I see some of your diary and some advice. I am 35 5'-8" 280lbs thanks

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing this? Genuinely curious to know why someone would opt to go raw :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you want to lose weight? If so, you need to eat less and/or move more. That's all you need, but something you can't get away from. How to go about it, is up to you.

"Mostly all raw" means "eating a normal diet with some raw and some cooked foods, but with a hip name". If it helps you adhere to a calorie deficit, it's a smart trick for you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I just had 400 calories of raw nuts.

It wasn't very much. :(
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Eat more foods that taste gross cooked, and fewer foods that taste yummy cooked.

I guess eat a lot of fruits and salads and steak tartare.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think most raw food people around here (not many) are vegans, so don't know how helpful they can be.

My understanding is that there are benefits to cooked vegetables and I like them cooked (and raw), and especially like cooked food in the winter, so can't help. Curious why you are doing this, but if you don't want to talk about it obviously you don't need to.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    cucumber and mint soup is really good..This is a blended raw soup made from romaine, cucumbers, mint, garlic, and avocado. It's served chilled, perfect for the 90-degree temps we've been having here. I enjoyed the creaminess from the avocado and the clean taste of mint. Let me find some web pages i have used in the past to get recipes...i will send them to you. hope it helps:)