James Duncan diet

Options
Hi I'm going starting the James Duncan diet tomorrow for a week! Just wondering has anyone ever tried it and what results they got and if any one wants to join in on the challenge? ☺️

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    What is one week going to do?
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Haven't heard of this one before, off to google!

eta: from his blog- 'This is a diet I was handed and told that it was designed to help people crash lose a stone for operations'

OP, what surgery are you prepping for?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You're better off not doing something so unhealthy.
    Let's look at day 1:

Breakfast: 1 piece of toast, 1 tomato- ~150 calories
    Lunch: Fruit, any amount- 50-500 calories
    Dinner: 2 eggs, salad, grapefruit- ~300 calories.

This sounds absolutely awful. I'm sorry, but this is a starvation diet with no nutrition. In that one day you'd be lucky to get over 10g of protein. There is very little fat. It is carb based. Why the hell would you want to do something so miserable to lose weight when you don't have to? What's the rush? Why not use mfp instead of some silly dangerous diet? Why unnecessarily torture yourself?

Not joining you, sorry...I'd rather not be hangry and still lose weight.

It is very unhealthy to lose more than 2lb per week for so many reasons including hormonal balance, body function, mental health, nutrition and more.

• 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Checked it out... this is like the Mayo clinic diet of old. It is very taxing on the system so you want to be sure you are in good shape (meaning no health issues) before you attempt this
  • ashleye234
    ashleye234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been binging a lot lately so I won't mind doing this diet for a couple of days to then get me back on track afterwards eating healthily.
  • ashleye234
    Options
    I have no medical issues
  • ashleye234
    Options
    I try to but if I don't have a set diet I binge on biscuits and chocolate to the point where I need to vomit.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If you want to get "back on track," I would suggest getting on the healthy, nutritious track rather than a totally different kind of unhealthy track.
  • ashleye234
    Options
    Ok your probably right. But I'll start the day off healthily and come lunch time I'll have one biscuit which becomes 20
  • ashleye234
    Options
    Ok so it's a definite no then! I'll try my best I used to eat so healthily and then after about a year stress got on top of me and I started binge eating so much. I would love to get back to the old me
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    amyegan385 wrote: »
    Ok your probably right. But I'll start the day off healthily and come lunch time I'll have one biscuit which becomes 20

You can have a biscuit (or 2)...nothing wrong with that. Just log everything you eat. Not every decision needs to be a "healthy" one. Don't feel guilty, bad, sad....or whatever about eating a biscuit. Don't beat yourself up over it. Log it and move on.

Our goal here is to learn how to eat in moderation. Moderation for life will help us keep our weight in check. I have chocolate most days of the week. Now, I don't keep (milk chocolate) Hershey Kisses in the house. For some reason I do better with dark chocolate. I can keep that in the house, and plan for at least one square (like 4 bites) most days.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Ok so it's a definite no then! I'll try my best I used to eat so healthily and then after about a year stress got on top of me and I started binge eating so much. I would love to get back to the old me

Good! I know you can do this! The important thing is just to remember what drives you forward.

So many car accidents happen because of overcorrecting. A lot of us, when we go too far in one direction, on the road or with food, we naturally jump to turning the proverbial steering wheel hard the other way instead of just getting back in the lane. Keep moving forward and you will feel much healthier and more energized.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I try to but if I don't have a set diet I binge on biscuits and chocolate to the point where I need to vomit.

Try this for a week instead, it will give you a diet to follow, within your calorie goal, and you can switch some of the foods to see if there is something else you prefer. You can also click on the food and remove an ingredient that you don't like (Fiery Cheeseburger, I removed the chili peppers....lol) . It will also let you choose which eating plan you are following....I did not see the Duncan one listed, and I can see why. But this is a FREE program, but yes they have a premium paid one also.

You can also use MFP with it

https://www.eatthismuch.com/
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Over-restricting and bingeing are two sides of the same coin. Saying "I'm going to do this strict diet so that I don't binge" is like being on a trampoline and saying "I'm going to bounce extra high so I won't land so heavily".

Want to stop bingeing? You need to step off the trampoline. Start taking real care of your body, with regular, satisfying, balanced meals, enough calories, enough protein, enough fat, enough fruit and veg. Find some exercise that you enjoy and makes you feel like yourself, and do it regularly, but never out of fear or self-hatred. Teach your body that it can trust you to love it and take proper care of it, and that you aren't going to starve it or punish it. Take time for yourself, cry for things that need grieving, tackle life situations that make you feel sad and powerless and disrespected. Beating yourself up, physically or mentally, will only ever feed bingeing, never reduce it.

Good luck.
    This is a great analogy

This discussion has been closed.