I am at a Stand Still...

Options
I have been working out everyday, sticking to a diet and drinking LOTS of water. I have been consuming less calories than what I am allocated everyday, but I am at a standstill. My husband keeps telling me that muscle weighs more than fat, but I want to see the pounds come off.

Any suggestions to get me losing again?

Replies

• imtuck
    imtuck Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been working out everyday, sticking to a diet and drinking LOTS of water. I have been consuming less calories than what I am allocated everyday, but I am at a standstill. My husband keeps telling me that muscle weighs more than fat, but I want to see the pounds come off.

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Are you eatting your exercise calories?

If you are, then you might want to try upping your goals. If you are set to 2lbs loss a week, change it to 1lb a week. A lot of times, that is a sign that your body wants more calories and is now trying to hold onto weight. It will change if you give your body the calories. :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Are you also doing key measurements? My weight didn't drop last week but my waist lost a half an inch and my thighs lost some too. Muscle does weigh more but if you are losing inches you are doing something right. Don't eat too few calories! That is a big mistake and can stall your weight loss.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I really need to get a measuring tape cuz I've been standing still as well
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I know what you mean. My scale doesn't drop but I shed inches and suprisingly inches are actually better cause that is actual fat loss (per the trainer at my job)

I know its hard not to get discouraged I would love to see the scale drop too-just keep doing what your doing
  • Landon66
    Landon66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your workout. I ran and did nothing else for the first few weeks and got to a small stand still. The next week I hit the elliptical, bike and started lifting weights again and amazingly 2 lbs gone next weigh-in.
    Your body will get use to the same movement or exercise done over a time period, but if you throw it a curve, it has to adjust to keep up. This will work different muscles and make your body work harder. I've decided to do this every time I feel and see no progress. When my shins are better, I'm hitting the track ASAP to get a run in since I haven't gotten to in about 3 weeks. Hope that re-energizes me too.
    Just another suggestion.
    Landon
  • jaydanna
    Options
    I had the same problem. I was consuming less than 1000 cals a day and going to the gym thinking the weight would come flying off, however I found out after 3 weeks that by doing this your body goes into starvation mode and hangs on to every bit of fat. You need to eat all of your daily allowence to speed your motabulism up and allow your body to function properly. If you reguarly eat lower than your allowence your body will prepare itself for this by hanging on to all those cals and learns to function on fewer cals you will not lose weight this way. Exercise will also speed your motabulism up. If you build muscle you will natrualy burn more cals also.
    I'm no expert but if you do some research on the web you will see what I mean.
    Hope this helps and hope you enjoy eating those extra cals Jayd x
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I've been counting my calories for over two weeks now, seem to do everything right but my scale isn't budging. HOWEVER, I do seem to have lost weight around my middle and in my face too, my clothes are fitting better and I feel amazing so I must be doing something right! :happy: Don't lose the faith!
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! My scale hasn't moved in about 10 days and it's driving me nuts. BUT....I used the report on nutrition and found that my net calories for the last couple of weeks had rarely met my goal. For the most part, I was consuming a net of around 600 calories per day. I also was not meeting my fat requirements and noticed my hair was dry and brittle. No wonder my body is holding onto every morsel! I have increased my calorie intake this week by allowing myself high calorie, moderate fat and high protein treats and adding additional snacks. I'm hoping this will lead to a change in the scale next week. If not, I'll have to re-think things.