Options
    Chocolate mousse:

An avocado
    250ml can of coconut cream
    2tbs cacao nibs
    2 heaped tbs cacao powder
    Honey to taste

Blend. Chill for at least 4 hrs.

It's quite rich, but like a velvety mousse. Serve with fresh fruit. Strawberries works best, I reckon.

A small serve (working off 8 serves from the whole recipe) is 160 cal.

Lots of healthy fats and antioxidants.
    Dairy and gluten free. Clean eating, basically paleo if you don't count the honey, but the purists could sweeten with dates if they wanted.

3cf8kzsi2del.png
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This can be made lower in calorie by not making it deluxe but this is a deluxe dairy free grill cheese with tater tots & guacamole. Very addicting.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/vegan-deluxe-grilled-cheese-tater-tots-guacamole-daiya/
    8vcvusor2pbg.jpg
  • Katiebabyangel
    Katiebabyangel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If your lactose intolerant, pick up some yogurt and granola. Greek yogurt has less calories and the lactose in yogurt is killed during the pasteurization process (I'm lactose intolerant and I love yogurt). I always over due the granola, but keeping it to a simple tablespoon or two can add some crunch to the yogurt and curb some hunger.

Paleo recipes don't have dairy in them ever if you're not lactose intolerant and are looking for something else. Paleo is basically extreme vegan and people who practice paleo diets don't use products produced by animals. There are a lot of great recipes on pinterest if this interests you!
  • katdum1978
    katdum1978 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    we make this at least once a week. All you need to do is cook the quinoa as per package instructions and chop up everything else.

8 Ingredients Edit Recipe

180 g, Quinoa
    18 tomatoes, Grape Tomato
    1 container (2.2 cup (250ml) ea.), Black Beans
    52 g, Cucumber
    10 total, Dried Apricots
    75 g, Olives
    0.50 medium, Bell Pepper
    1 medium, Avocado

We also make spaghetti marinara with tofu quite often; stir fry with veggies and tofu; and even just fried tofu steaks with veggies and rice. We eat dairy free most nights. When baking I substitute unsweetened vanilla almond milk for milk and earth balance soy-free for butter.

we're not vegan, but I avoid dairy for ethical/environmental reasons.

• sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    katdum1978 wrote: »
    we make this at least once a week. All you need to do is cook the quinoa as per package instructions and chop up everything else.

8 Ingredients Edit Recipe

180 g, Quinoa
    18 tomatoes, Grape Tomato
    1 container (2.2 cup (250ml) ea.), Black Beans
    52 g, Cucumber
    10 total, Dried Apricots
    75 g, Olives
    0.50 medium, Bell Pepper
    1 medium, Avocado

We also make spaghetti marinara with tofu quite often; stir fry with veggies and tofu; and even just fried tofu steaks with veggies and rice. We eat dairy free most nights. When baking I substitute unsweetened vanilla almond milk for milk and earth balance soy-free for butter.

we're not vegan, but I avoid dairy for ethical/environmental reasons.

Do you avoid meat too?
  • katdum1978
    Options
    I don't eat most meat, but do eat fish once or twice a week. I generally replace eggs in recipes, too. Are you looking to avoid dairy and meat?
  • katdum1978
    Options
    Also, I made a great vegan pumpkin pie for thanksgiving this year and I made this cake for my daughter's first birthday without dairy (but with eggs) - the rolled icing and topping are marzipan, the "butter"cream nvst84oe5sk4.jpg
    icing is a mix of nature balance and shortening.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was dairy free. A rice quinoa mixture with roasted bok choy and baked tofu. Teriyaki sauce.

Oatmeal muffins from a Quaker mix. I added dates and chocolate chips.

I also prepared breakfast for tomorrow. Steel cut oats cooked in watered down coconut milk.