TOM and carbs LADIES?!?!?

Options
Hi! so everytime I get my period and I eat carbs, my cramps get worse. Like today, it was bagel friday at the office. I had one bagel w/ no insides and now my cramps are terrible when I had none before.
What gives? Someone told me it's a possible gulten problem? Does anyone else have this and what can I do?
I know, I know just don't eat the carbs. Just wondering why.
Thanks <33

Christina

Replies

• missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    did you have cream cheese on that bagel? because dairy is NOTORIOUS for making cramps unbearable.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    did you have cream cheese on that bagel? because dairy is NOTORIOUS for making cramps unbearable.

Great questions I had an everything bagel w/ no insides, and freshly made tuna salad w light mayo. it happened yesterday when I a bit of turkey on wheat w my breakfast too. And other months too. :(
  • Spinkel
    Spinkel Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi!

Be cautious about people who want to jump on the Gluten bandwagon. It's just become popular lately and some are thinking it's a "diet" when it's really more about people with Celiac disease.

I would say besides cramps, you'd have a myriad of other reactions all month if you had a gluten allergy. Here's a link to the list of symptoms:

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/g/gluten_allergy/symptoms.htm

Not to be gross, but on my period if I eat ANYTHING fried, I have serious bathroom issues and stomach cramps. And before I had kids, it was lettuce. A single piece of lettuce would ruin me! Maybe we're just more sensitive at "that time of the month" ?

Best wishes finding out what's going on! :)
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Hi!

Be cautious about people who want to jump on the Gluten bandwagon. It's just become popular lately and some are thinking it's a "diet" when it's really more about people with Celiac disease.

I would say besides cramps, you'd have a myriad of other reactions all month if you had a gluten allergy. Here's a link to the list of symptoms:

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/g/gluten_allergy/symptoms.htm

Not to be gross, but on my period if I eat ANYTHING fried, I have serious bathroom issues and stomach cramps. And before I had kids, it was lettuce. A single piece of lettuce would ruin me! Maybe we're just more sensitive at "that time of the month" ?

Best wishes finding out what's going on! :)

Thanks for the great info! It does make sense like you said i'd have those issues all month long instead of just a few days. Maybe it is just the nature of the beast?