I'm super sad

I feel like I have gained more weight than anything.... but I'm trying soooooooo hard. Back to my gallon of water diet and liquid diet....... seriously. I don't know what happened..... omg super stressed.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    What is your calorie target? How are you measuring it (food scale, cups, eyeball)? I know it can be a frustrating process. Once you figure out what works for you, it gets easier. Liquid diet sounds horrible, and you don't sound particularly thrilled about the idea.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,370 Member
    Are you weighing same time of day every time you way?

How long have you been at it?

Are you weighing or measuring all your food and drink? Are you tracking all your calories? Eating within your calorie allowance?

Were you using very low calorie meal replacement shakes before you starting current weight loss kick?
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Remember how long it took you to get to the weight you are at. Health is a lifelong endeavor and none of us are perfect at it especially in challenging times. Liquid diet shakes are quick and easy but they are not food. Also exercising will cause you to retain water in your muscles. If you truly cannot cut back on the calories, try adding more vegetables with the whatever food you think you shouldn't be eating, just so you can tell yourself you did something positive for YOUR body at this meal.
  • kevinlee1981
    kevinlee1981 Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2016
    liznotyet wrote: »
    Remember how long it took you to get to the weight you are at. Health is a lifelong endeavor and none of us are perfect at it especially in challenging times. Liquid diet shakes are quick and easy but they are not food. Also exercising will cause you to retain water in your muscles. If you truly cannot cut back on the calories, try adding more vegetables with the whatever food you think you shouldn't be eating, just so you can tell yourself you did something positive for YOUR body at this meal.

True story. I was at 395, and for the next two days, after exercising, I jumped up to 402, and lost it all over the next night, and was back at 395 in the morning. I panicked too.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Tell us little bit more! what happened? How much did you regain? how was your calories in vs calories out? Did you feel your behavior is slipping back to old habits?

Don't beat yourself over it. Analyse the situation, think is it only few pounds and you are panicking without reason? Were you eating little more, and exercise little less and you need to change the balance little?

Weight maintenance is not much different than weight loss. Keep an eye on how things are going and adjust plan if needed. How easy you find it I think also depends on how did you loose the weight, if you did it slow with lifestyle in mind it would be easier. But even if you didn't, you just have to trust yourself, review the situation and adjust your current plan (if it's not working)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Strong first post. Seriously though, you're probably gaining weight back because you're using drastic measures to lose weight and not actually learning how to eat properly.