I did it!!! I REALLY DID IT!!!

Options
VRated
VRated Posts: 5 Member
11 months ago today I was 100 pounds heavier. I bought a digital scale a year previous and never used it... finally I stepped on it January 8 earlier this year and I had a number in mind... well it was 20 pounds heavier than I thought. I was at the point of accepting I am a large girl and that is just how it is...(I gave up). Then I was not able to get out of bed without two walking sticks or canes... getting off the couch was a workout in itself. So through baby steps... I tried MyFitnessPal before and logging all the buddy burgers at A&W still did not make me lose weight.
I set up my goals...and I was realistic knowing starvation was not the way to go. I had an elliptical staring me in the face for 2 years, if I made 4 minutes on it I texted all my friends bragging about it... Years ago I had a trainor and was in excellent shape... my lifestyle changed and so did my body and health. I had the tools, now I needed to use them.
Now I capped off the elliptical at 35 minutes per day, eating well and most important FEELING GREAT!
I REALLY DID IT <
shouting from the rooftops!
(oh, I guess I really lost 300 in total, it cost me a relationship - my boyfriend didn't like my lifestyle change *shrugs* who needs that sabatoge?!)
2 years ago I stopped smoking... on my way to good health again!
~V~

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! congrats!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    SO many things to be proud of - congratulations!
  • dwatkins23
    dwatkins23 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Major props to you!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :]
  • ssslasher23
    ssslasher23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!
  • graceanthony19
    graceanthony19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!
  • Luly7jc
    Luly7jc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • ajstaley1979
    ajstaley1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome to hear your success story. Thanks for sharing! Keep up the good work!
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is wonderful. I also had an epiphany in January. I was 378 Lbs and I've lost 150 so far and have 113 left to go. I feel so much better and I am so happy that I started this journey. You are proof that this is possible. Great journey!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story and congrats on your achievements!!
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Good for you & kudos on getting rid of your saboteur!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    good you shared. I find when I share things it makes them more "concrete" many blessings on your journey. You can do it. Baby steps are progress
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This made my day! You are awesome!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Whoop Whoop you go girl
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i love the part about bragging to friends. my own amiable, friendly friends are probably the reason why i ride bikes and lift weights. because every time i stepped out of my zone there's always been someone i could email two seconds later and brag about how jock i was.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    That is so great! I can really relate to parts of your story. I am so happy for you!

Shout it loud!!!!!!! B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!