Apple Cider Vinegar Detox

Options
Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    I use it in a small bowl, add a little pepper and dip lumpia into it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Your liver & kidneys do a great job of detoxing you- I suggest getting adequate amounts of water, sleep, and nutritious foods to help support their efforts (and not drink alcohol).
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I really like cider vinegar, it's lovely in a dressing on a salad with slices of apple in it. Also with brown sugar in baked beans. But it's not a medicine.

"Detox" is a hugely profitable industry based on myths. Ifyou realise that now you can get a step ahead of the scammers. Many people never get wise to them, which is incredibly sad.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I tried it when I first started losing weight because a friend of mine told me it was awesome for weight loss. After a couple of days of choking down a tablespoon before meals, I realized that the only benefit of drinking something that I imagine is what sipping bile must taste like would be that it was so off-putting that it turned me off food completely. Then I got smart and actually read up about it and realized that all of the derp and woo surrounding it as a cure-all was being propagated by the company that actually sells it.

I can't even use it in salad dressings anymore because even the merest hint of it now makes me gag. :(

OP: What is it that you expect ACV to actually "detox" you from?

Yep, I did the same. It turned me off of ACV forever!

@clpmm1881 I'm curious to know what you think an apple cider detox will do for you, and how it is achieved?
  • clpmm1881
    clpmm1881 Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hahaha. Ok. Nevermind. I just thought it might help me poop. Stupid low-carb diet.... lololol.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    clpmm1881 wrote: »
    Hahaha. Ok. Nevermind. I just thought it might help me poop. Stupid low-carb diet.... lololol

If that's the trouble, then there's other things to consider. Are you doing low carb, high fat? typically the fat will keep things moving. Are you getting enough fibre and fluids?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Hahaha. Ok. Nevermind. I just thought it might help me poop. Stupid low-carb diet.... lololol.

Psyllium husk powder helps, and 15g coconut or mct oil mixed into your first cup of coffee in the morning should help. I had the same issue when i low carbed.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Natural Calm which I take when things get a little slow.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Oohh yes! Totally forgot about magnesium. This only works for me if i take it before bed on an empty stomach though.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Oohh yes! Totally forgot about magnesium. This only works for me if i take it before bed on an empty stomach though.

Yep, before bed!!
  • clpmm1881
    clpmm1881 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hahaha. Ok. Nevermind. I just thought it might help me poop. Stupid low-carb diet.... lololol

If that's the trouble, then there's other things to consider. Are you doing low carb, high fat? typically the fat will keep things moving. Are you getting enough fibre and fluids?

Apparently not. And I haven't checked the fat, just watching carbs.