Very new and would like to have some support and maybe a guide to a new healthy world

Options
Hey guys, I don't know what to say to this, but I don't really have a good support system behind me in my trying to lose weight and dieting. Which is something I'd really like to have. It'll keep me motivated to get to my goal of losing 60lbs. I currently weigh 278 and am finding it difficult to move around without becoming breathless. Not to mention that I also have asthma so even when I do need to move around I get winded easily.

So if you'd like to join me in reaching my goal and become more healthy, feel free to send a request.

Replies

• kevinlee1981
    kevinlee1981 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't give advice openly, as I am probably wrong. I can tell you that going from 440-450 down to 395, has made a huge difference for me. Once I hit 400, I started walking, and have found that it is getting easier and easier. I started at 1.2 miles a day, and am now at 3.2 miles a day. I am not sure how asthma would affect that, though. You might want to consult your doctor, to see what they would recommend.
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am going to send you a request! :)

I have lost almost 120 pounds now and it makes a huge difference... I have athsma too and have noticed a huge difference in my inhaler usage and what I need to do. I can do a lot more now! <3 You can do it too! I'd love to be there for support... I know how it is, not having anyone to talk to or anyone that truly UNDERSTANDS what weight loss really means. Just know that you can do this and people DO believe in you!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor? They can give you medication for your asthma. Also have you had your iron & hemoglobin levels checked? Might want to make sure you're not anemic because that can cause the feeling of being breathless & winded too and is often overlooked by doctors.

You don't really need to exercise to lose weight, just enter your stats into myfitnesspal and your goals and it will give you a daily calorie goal. Use this and measure & log all your food and make sure you eat that amount every day and no more - and you WILL lose weight (even without any exercise).

Once you weigh less and have better health you can incorporate more exercise for better health and faster results.

Add friends on here to be your support system.

Also here are a few of my favorite YouTube channels... I suggest you subscribe to these and watch some of their videos for motivation, tips and knowledge & to help you get into a healthy mindset:

Obese to Beast *
    Mike Matthews
    Live Lean TV
    Fat Meets Fire *
    Cookie Miller *

The ones with a * next to them are people that were once very obese and are now a healthy weight.

Good luck!!