Is it possible to lose 10 lbs in 3-4 days?!

Options
WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED? Is my scale off?!?!

I didn't eat much Thursday, same on Friday, and again same on Saturday, and same today (Sunday). I worked out on the treadmill on Friday.

My normal weight is 139, 140 lbs. I do usually eat a lot, including a lot of salt, and I typically work out 4-5 days a week.

But then I took a few days off ill, threw up a TON on Friday night / Saturday, then still haven't been up for eating much (I haven't been eating full portions, and I was sticking to only fruit on Friday and Saturday).

Today, I weigh myself on the scale and the dial looks to be resting on 125 lbs?!?!?!

I move the scale around, I use it solely on the tile bathroom floor. I try it on the bath mat, and it again shows about 125, 126 lbs. I move it to the carpet and it shows 148 lbs, lol (because that's on the plush carpet — no even floor). I move it back on the tile floor, stand as straight as possible, putting all my weight into it now, and it still shows 125, 126 lbs.

Do you think it's broken, or is this actually possible to lose that many pounds in a few days?!

Much appreciated! thanks.

Replies

• katsushii
    katsushii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, SusanMFindley. I am looking forward to it!
  • AndrewJMatos
    AndrewJMatos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is possible but no doubt cannot be 10 lbs loss of bodyfat in contrast to water weight and the like. Excess carbs and sodium has alot to do with water retention (look into balancing sodium and potassium levels, anywhere from 1600-3500 mg of potassium per day). Once you're eating returns to maintenance you'd see your weight stabilize at whatever number that may be.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I always think about stuff like this in terms of how many calories I must have over/under-eaten to gain/lose a certain number of pounds in a certain time frame.

For example, have you eaten 35,000 (10 x 3,500) calories below maintenance over the past 3-4 days?
    No. Therefore it's not all fat loss. As others have already said, it'll be water weight etc. mostly.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Water weight...............