Don't stop believin'

Options
Just had to post and hope this brings someone some encouragement. I have been at this since Jan 3. Quit for a time period because I had only lost two pounds, but got back at it and have now been loyal for 75 days. I have lost FOUR pounds. Before someone thinks I am complaining, that is not the point of this post. I may have only lost four pounds, but my shorts are really loose, I need new bras, and I have an *kitten*!! A real butt!!! It used to go from my waist to my knees, but now I have a butt.

Now, I won't be showin it in Playboy any time soon, but it is a really big NSV for me. I still have anywhere to 25-30 pounds to go (maybe, maybe not now), but wanted to give some encouragement to all those people that hop on that scale every day and want to shoot it or themselves. (for the record, it is still a disappointment for me) BUT, I am learning to shift my focus.

In the beginning, I used to send out distress posts on here and everyone would say....."take your measurements", "forget about the scale", etc. Holy crap, they were right!!! SOOO, for all of you that are working it and measuring every stinking bite and have seen NO results on the scale........HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!

Replies

• shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    couldn't agree more! i just wrote a blog about this very topic this week! :) congrats on realizing this, it's a big one to over come!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Thank you so much for posting this, I've been feeling pretty discouraged this morning. Definitely needed to read that. :-)
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Love the title!!! Now I will have Journey in my head!! Woo hoo! :drinker:

Congratulations on the NSV! :flowerforyou:
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    *like*!!!!!!
  • remmrich33
    remmrich33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive message! We should never give up hope. It may be a slow process but the weight HAS TO come off eventually as long as we are cutting the calories. I always remind myself that it is scientifically impossible for me not to loose weight if I truly cut my calories! Therefore it is only a game of will power + time = weight loss! We can do it!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    just the kind of reminder that we need sometimes...its not always about the scale! Congrats on ur progress!