Beard motivation, yes beard. The beardo weight loss plan.

Options
helocat
helocat Posts: 40 Member
edited December 2016 in Motivation and Support
One month in and not letting myself shave my beard until I hit my weight loss goal. I am not a beardo normally. Longest I Have ever gone. It's a pain in the *kitten* to maintain IMHO. But also since I carry allot of weight in my round face I am keeping this thing until I hit my sub 200 goal. 33lbs at this point to go. 10 down since I started. When I shave it it will be like an unveiling of the new me.

Any other guys willing to join me. Put the razor down order some beard oil, cream and soap (yup) and set your meal plan in place.

For me it's a Keto diet and 20 to 45 min of cardio every other day (for now). Doing Spin training on a Paloton bike.

Wife already adding to the motivation not digging the beard too much. = more motivation for me.

I expect to hit this goal around April. Beard will be huge.

7ysx65ixlvha.jpg

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I love the beard!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I only have one chin hair. I won't let it grow out, but I'm with you in spirit.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Except for the shaving it off part, beards are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U&ab_channel=TheBeardsAustralia
  • tafoyamario31
    tafoyamario31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea! Im three months into growing out the beard and I will do the same and not shave until I hit my 200 goal as well! Lost 6lbs so for during my first week. Wife actually loves the beard and YES it is a lot more maintenance then people think, started making my own beard oils, bought soaps, and combs!
  • helocat
    helocat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love the beard!

I love WhiteZombie! The beard is new venture for me. Always been a trimmed goatee kind of guy, but one packing around a few extra 40 lbs.
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I only have one chin hair. I won't let it grow out, but I'm with you in spirit.

Chin hair it's all good! Grow what is there!
    CM_73 wrote: »
    I'm with you! Except for the shaving it off part, beards are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U&ab_channel=TheBeardsAustralia

Hehe. I work with some Aussies. Love their direct honesty. The beard is my new power for my goals.
    That's a good idea! Im three months into growing out the beard and I will do the same and not shave until I hit my 200 goal as well! Lost 6lbs so for during my first week. Wife actually loves the beard and YES it is a lot more maintenance then people think, started making my own beard oils, bought soaps, and combs!

Yes! Sounds like a very simuler goal I have. Let the beard motivate!

• U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What a hairy proposition. I'm in.
    beardo.jpg
  • lgwbarron
    lgwbarron Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oh man I would just die if my husband shaved his beard :s beards are super sexy!! BUT yes, keep your lady happy lol. Such a creative motivator, I love it and wish you lots of success
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Crazy creative, I love it. I've had my beard since dirt first showed up though, and it ain't leaving lol. Awesome idea though. :)