P90 and resistance band substitutes

Options
I just started P90 from Beachbody. I'm on day 2 and today's scheduled workout involved door-mounted resistance bands for some bits. I don't have a band yet or a way to attach one to my door. Has anyone done these workouts and know of a substitute to these parts? I do have a set of 10lb weights...

For today, I just did something else during those parts with my weights that I thought might hit roughly the same muscles, but I'm pretty ignorant about these things, so I was probably pretty far short.

Replies

• mattkunderwood
    mattkunderwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The P90 box comes with a red resistance band and the door anchor. It's under the mount that holds the 4-disc pack. Just lift it out. It should be all in the box. The 5-minute "how to hit it" video shows how to do the door anchor and make the "cardio H" marker on the ground. Hope this helps.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Right, though I didn't get the program in physical form. I'm using Beachbody on Demand to stream it, so I only have the video portion. Nothing else that comes with ordering it, which is why I'm still searching for an anchor and then I'll buy a band from...somewhere.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    RyanneRose wrote: »
    Right, though I didn't get the program in physical form. I'm using Beachbody on Demand to stream it, so I only have the video portion. Nothing else that comes with ordering it, which is why I'm still searching for an anchor and then I'll buy a band from...somewhere.

Look at Amazon. They have combos for like $25.
  • dustman5889
    dustman5889 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Any resistance band from a sporting goods store would work just fine, and all the mounting thing is, is a piece of sturdy flexible material in a circle much like your standard duffel bag handles are probably made out of. You put it over the hinge and through the other end of the circle to secure it around the hinge. You could probably find something at Home Depot, or Hobby Lobby or even use a circle of rope tied together really really well. I am not sure how you would duplicate the activities without it though. To work your back where you're pulling towards you in a row, you could just bend over and do bent over rows with your dumbbells. And for the tricep pushdowns you could just do skull crushers or any other tricep exercise.

Don't be afraid to modify modify modify! Even if you cant do one particular exercise, do something else. Jog in place, do push ups, anything to substitute it. The key is that your heart rate is up and you're moving and getting healthier :) I'm just starting month 2 of P90 and really like it so far. I hope it works for you!