Getting back to me

Options
Sweetlux
Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
I lost so much when I gained 40 lbs. I never wanted to be controlled by my weight. I would tell myself that I didn’t care that I was a little chubby because I was still me. I wasn’t being completely honest with myself; deep down inside I knew it. I didn’t recognize the reflection in the mirror. My nice clothes didn’t fit anymore. Shopping for new clothes became an agonizing experience. I avoided the camera as much as possible and when I did take a picture all I saw was an imposter standing in my place. My house has a pool and even in the privacy of my own back yard I felt self conscious in a bikini. I’m not that person! It doesn’t work for me, I wasn’t completely happy with myself and I had to make a change. I am constantly working on my spirit and my mind, why shouldn’t I do the same with the vessel that contains them? I’ve always known myself on the inside and now, after 5 ½ months of hard work and dedication, I’ve found my outside again. Finally I can see me in the mirror and in pictures; I’ve missed that face so much. My real clothes fit and so do the ones I want at the store. I’m back in control of my body and more in control of my life. I feel healthy and fit. I still have 10 more pounds to lose before I reach my goal and a lot of work to make the change to last the rest of my life but I am up to the challenge. Then I can say ‘I gained so much when I lost 40 lbs’.

Replies

• fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    OMG I know how you feel! But I have let myself go for a long time now so I don't even know if I would recognize myself with all of the fat gone! I am soooo proud of u girl for losing almost all of the weight you want to. you inspire me!
  • Sweetlux
    Options
    You inspired me!!! I was at a plateau till I joined your challenge! Thank you!
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    I was feeling the same way, but one day just decided that enough was enough....hopefully I can be as successful as you were!!!
  • BMiller5
    BMiller5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!!!! Keep up the great work! :smile:
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    love this post
  • pixelled
    pixelled Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational thank you for posting this!
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Great post! You are an inspiration and this post is the real reason why we are all here.
  • Sweetlux
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this site! I tell everyone that asks me how I've lost the weight about it! I honestly don't think I could have kept my motivation up to this level without MFP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!