How do you keep yourself from gorging food , when bored

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    When I can't shake that desire for a snack though but I don't have the calories I will drink a nice herbal tea.
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If I know I am really not hungry but just eating out of boredom hot herbal tea helps I love holding the warm mug kind of a comfort thing. But sometimes I just go to the bathroom look in the mirror and give myself a "talking to". I tell myself am I really hungry? No then don't go in there and open that pantry or fridge it won't solve anything
  • CM_15
    CM_15 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard I've been there before I was a binge eater when I was bored or home alone not doing anything I would eat. And what helped me a lot was to drink water or tea. Chew gum. Or a meal replacement shake Or eat fruit. That kinda kept me away from the sweets. And it can be tough at times but if you want to lose weight or get away from that habit of eating when bored. Find a little hobbie to do or go for a walk just to kinda get distracted from the food. Best of luck
  • bubulletgnome
    bubulletgnome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink tea, which is good to get rid of the water retained in my body.
  • trumeta
    trumeta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-library/itrsquos-all-in-the-brain-unlocking-the-secrets-of-overeating-with-neuroscience

Good article above

You may be an impulsive or compulsive over eater or both. Its helpful to understand which type you are.
    One of the best ways to combat that is to set a time limit on your eating.

Say 9:00 a until 4 pm Then you know that you cant eat outside of that time window

You can have water or brewed tea or something like propel.

Also consider intermittent fasting. There are many health benefits and can really help with weight loss.

In addition there are different types of fasting like 5:2 or 16:8 which is 16 hours of fasting 8 hours
    eating.

Good luck