When did you start to feel like you had lost weight?

Options
As of now I have lost 57 lbs and I still feel fat. I started to lose weight in a weird way. I had told my husband if I didn't get pregnant then I was going to lose weight. Well I now have a daughter lol. The day i found out I was pregnant I was 227, the day i delivered I was 207. I was eating better and I suppose that's what helped me. Well now at 12 weeks postpartum I am 169. You would figure that after I lost a baby belly, and dropped down 57lbs I would feel thinner. Heck I haven't been this light in years, but I dont. I still feel fat and frumpy with clothes that fit me better and a smaller double chin.

Replies

• topfindyourfine
    topfindyourfine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    when my favorite pants wont fit :)
  • MissBeeGonz
    MissBeeGonz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Even though it's been 12 weeks since you had the baby your hormones are probably still out of wack so maybe that's why you're feeling that way.
  • karih2012
    karih2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Even though it's been 12 weeks since you had the baby your hormones are probably still out of wack so maybe that's why you're feeling that way.

Maybe, in a way i feel that because I dropped the weight when I did, because let's face it you can really tell if you lose weight while pregnant, and as fast as I did I feel like my brain hasn't been able to play catch up to my body yet. To me I look the same as before but I'm down several sizes, pounds, and inches. Heck I even have more energy but when I look in the mirror I'm not satisfied
  • smuckers17
    smuckers17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just seen pictures that my son took of me. I knew I had gained about 30 pounds but really didn't think I looked to bad. I've started my diet this week I know Christmas is in two weeks so this will be a challenge but I'm so ready.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Back pain
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    smuckers17 wrote: »
    I just seen pictures that my son took of me. I knew I had gained about 30 pounds but really didn't think I looked to bad. I've started my diet this week I know Christmas is in two weeks so this will be a challenge but I'm so ready.

Yes. The pictures. 90% of the time I REFUSE to take them. My husband only takes them of me if he catches me off guard.
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time seeing the loss unless I take pictures.
  • MissBeeGonz
    MissBeeGonz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    karih2012 wrote: »

Maybe, in a way i feel that because I dropped the weight when I did, because let's face it you can really tell if you lose weight while pregnant, and as fast as I did I feel like my brain hasn't been able to play catch up to my body yet. To me I look the same as before but I'm down several sizes, pounds, and inches. Heck I even have more energy but when I look in the mirror I'm not satisfied
    karih2012 wrote: »

Maybe! Give it time keep doing what you're doing and you'll start to feel better about yourself. I think it's normal for us to not feel satisfied with our bodies. Good luck! :)