Desperately seeking snacks.

Options
Your ideas will be gratefully accepted.
To start you off here's one from me.
Help deal with MSG crisps craving by sprinkling flavouring powder on celery and munching them instead. Fat and carb free, but unfortunately the salts, and MSG are still very much there.
I think a bit of a trade off is ok though. It's doing good by allowing some evil.

Replies

• an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Tzatziki sauce is a go to for a snack.
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of snacks that are tasty and make me happy (both pluses!)
    Popcorn,
    Carrots and hummus
    Rice cakes and peanut butter
    toast with anything
    cheese sticks
    mini sausages
    fruits
    nuts
    the list goes on!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith apples
    Beef jerky
    Toast
    Yogurt (The good stuff, not the gelatin and corn starch laden sugary versions.)
    A few pieces of good chocolate
    Almonds
    Pecans
    Cashews
  • therealdanscottmfp
    Options
    Snacks are great as long as they are good, clean snacks.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Alternative POV: MSG and salt aren't evil. MSG naturally occurs in all sorts of foods, our body is able to handle it just fine. And we actually need sodium to live.

Thanks. You hear about it being a baddy a lot, so I just thought it was. The salt baddy still stands though. I adore MSG. Oh Mamma, umami.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    an0nemus wrote: »
    Carrots and Tzatziki sauce is a go to for a snack.

Homemade, or shop bought?
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    janetennet wrote: »
    I eat plenty of snacks that are tasty and make me happy (both pluses!)
    Popcorn,
    Carrots and hummus
    Rice cakes and peanut butter
    toast with anything
    cheese sticks
    mini sausages
    fruits
    nuts
    the list goes on!

I love hummus but it's massive in calories. As for sausages and cheese. I steer clear of such things. Just makes me sad that I have to stop at a few. Sob sob.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If you create your own spice mix you know exactly what's in there to use on stuff - I like smoked paprika, cayenne and a tiny pinch of salt OR ras el hanout. I then would sprinkle over roasting veggies or stir into in fat free cottage cheese as a dip/on a cracker etc.
  • Addiesmama10
    Addiesmama10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For something sweet I love fiber one chocolate mint chunk brownies for 90 calories. They're delicious! I also like apples, nuts, sugar free jello, or popcorn
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

"Clean" food is a myth. No food alone is not detrimental to health (excluding allergies).
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    subakwa wrote: »

Nonsense. Snacks are great if they fit in your calories / macros. "Clean" is nothing more than a buzzword and has zero impact on weight loss.

True, but with the low calorie angelics, you can fill the growling stomach more between meals. Things like cocktail sausages, albeit in moderation, only serve to whet my appetite for more as they rattle around my empty stomach like the pea in a whistle.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    For something sweet I love fiber one chocolate mint chunk brownies for 90 calories. They're delicious! I also like apples, nuts, sugar free jello, or popcorn

I bought one of those apple corer, peeler, twirler machines. Now apples are a pleasure.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options

"Clean" food is a myth. No food alone is not detrimental to health (excluding allergies).

Clean as in low calorie, I think. High calorie snack just invite my stomach to the feasting table. Low cal snacks steer me around it until meal time.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm on a cucumber kick lately; sprinkled with salt and a little red wine vinegar. Nom.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    A WEALTH OF GREAT IDEAS.
    Thanks folks.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    I'm on a cucumber kick lately; sprinkled with salt and a little red wine vinegar. Nom.

That sounds awesome. How do you chop it? Chunks in a bowl, or sticks?