HELP !!!!!! I lost 6 pounds in one Day!!!!!

Options
So my question is, is it possible to lose 6 pounds in a day??? I know it has to be water weight. My weight scale battery died and I let it go for months until I finally replaced it last night. So when I started logging again two weeks ago I just guessed my weight, and I was so disappointed in myself. I was 169 pds. I have never been that heavy except when I was pregnant. So this morning after my shower I got on the scale and it said 163 ????? How is that possible was my scale completely wrong last night ?????????????

Replies

• LillyD32
    LillyD32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the morning you weight less than at night. I would suggest weighting yourself at the same time everyday . I like doing it in the morning before I eat cause all my food is digested by then.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It's possible for the scale to be 6 pounds different. A combination of things, really. Water weight, scale inaccuracies, scale resetting with the new battery, different flooring, a really big BM :).

Don't worry about it. Start weighing again and do it at the same time every day/week. First thing after using the bathroom, before a shower or breakfast. You will get somewhat consistent results, but it will still somewhat yo-yo.
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Weighing at night and then weighing again the following morning is NOT an accurate comparison. Many factors go into the difference in weight readings....how much food you've consumed, bathroom visits, water retention, etc. For a more accurate measurement of progress, weigh yourself in the same timeframe on weigh-in days. Most people weigh naked, first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom.

My weight can fluctuate up to 8 lbs throughout any given day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Because you weighed at two different points in the day. When you weigh yourself later on, you're almost always going to weigh more due to the the foods and drinks you've consumed. This is why it's suggested to pick a time to weigh (generally first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating) and stick to it to get the most consistent results.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Totally normal to have different weights at two different times of day. You're going to usually weigh less in the morning vs at night.
  • lagina19871
    lagina19871 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank You everyone for your advice. I guess I will keep Tuesdays as my weigh in day since the number I got this morning might be my true weight.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Was your hair still wet when you weighed?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Different time of day and a new battery in your scale would easily cause that.
  • lagina19871
    lagina19871 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Was your hair still wet when you weighed?

LOL, shower cap was off too LMAO
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I had a 15 pound weight difference over 2 days. It happens. Had drank ALOT of water was all full and then next morning i whooshed my extra 5 pounds. Was pretty amusing XD