Caffeine

Options
Knightride48
Knightride48 Posts: 380 Member
What is that weird feeling called after drinking caffeine, its like not sudden but takes time for it to come into effect.?

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    energy?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I like walking down the coffee isle in the supermarket.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Thats called a heart condition and should be check out by a doctor... coffee should not give you weird feelings in your chest.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Adrenaline?
  • angelxsss
    Options
    yeah go to an urgent care
  • mec2012a
    mec2012a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, In the past coffee has caused my heartbeat to go irregular. (Atrial Fib). It is a strange feeling in my chest that is difficult to describe. No pain, just an unusual feeling. By checking my pulse, I can feel the irregular heartbeat. It is a serious symptom and should not be ignored.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    An internet forum isn't the place to get medical advice -- as others have said, get to your doctor and have it checked out. It's nothing to mess with. It might just be some benign condition, but it might also indicate something more serious. No one here's going to be able to tell you which it might be.

I have AFib, and when I developed it in 2001 it felt like there was something alive in my chest. A very weird feeling. It occasionally stops, but I'm in AFib more often than not and will probably be on blood thinners for the rest of my life. Untreated, it can lead to strokes.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Yeah I still think it's just adrenaline.
  • angelxsss
    Options
    I've heard crunchy foods and cold foods help keep you up. But if possible, actual sleep would be better.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I've heard crunchy foods and cold foods help keep you up. But if possible, actual sleep would be better.

I use a rubber band around my wrist, when I get sleepy, I just pull it back and let it fly, the Adrenalin from the pain on my wrist is more than enough to wake me...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ice bucket challenge..

Seriously, sleep deprivation sucks, been there and done that, get through the best you can and go home and get some sleep.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Peppermint is supposed to be a mild sedative, so you could do peppermint tea or really strong mints.