what do you call "circuit training" in your Exercise log?

So, I do things like the 30DS and Ripped, among other of Jillian's workouts (she's annoying, but hey, she gets results). What do I CALL that? It's such a mixture of strength and cardio, not sure how to log it.

So far I've been clicking on "Circuit training" and then just logging my minutes.

Is that the most precise I can get with MFP?

Replies

• tklahn
    tklahn Posts: 4
    I only started last week. I had the same questions and was doing the same as you. Just loggin in the minutes. I went to the gym and did the eliptical and logged in that time and the calories burned were really close to the calculations on here (they were just a few lower but better a little low than to high or your calories back would be to high).
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    I've been doing the same thing because I don't know any other way to log it.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    I'm logging the same way. I do the 30ds and I log it as 10 min aerobics general and 10 min circuit training general.
  • Monarch1982
    Monarch1982 Posts: 15 Member
    My personal trainer said that circuit training should only be done once a week. You breakdown all your muscle groups all at once and they then need time to heal. 4-7 days. You should never keep breaking down your muscles.
  • jennyrowell
    jennyrowell Posts: 24 Member
    I would log it as Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort....Most videos use a variety.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    as much as you have probably heard it before...I purchased a HRM...so I just log what I burn...because lets face it somedays I shred a lot more intense than others...this gives me a clearer picture of how hard I am working... because sometimes my perceived exertion is no where close to what I am really doing :noway: :ohwell:
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    hmmm good thoughts. I should get a HRM. I'll look into that.

jenny - her workouts are similar to calisthenics - good advice, thx.

monarch - your personal trainer is just that - personal - designed to help you out. I'm pretty sure doing a Shred a day or a different "circuit" every day that uses different muscle groups is pretty good for you. I do alternate with running tho. Thanks for the input!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    I got a HRM and for my log I specify which DVD I do--so my log will be--30 Day Shred... BL Cardio...WATP Walk and Jog etc. This way I have a record of exactly when I did what and how much I burned. I ride a horse and I even personalized--"dressage, schooling" vs "trail riding"
    I also find that my calories burned changes day by day, even for the same workout.