Eggs turn me off now..

Options
2»

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my lazy lunch or dinner meal, but I haven't been lazy enough (surprisingly) to eat them enough to be sick of them.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I'm getting tired of eggs too. Scrambled eggs every day sucks. I've mixed them with sausage, chicken, taco's is the best. Maybe I'll try some steak ums soon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can put eggs in things, obviously, but things like crepes and pancakes make my blood sugar tank later and leave me hungry, so it doesn't really help.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Yup. Then I take a week off and they are good again. I usually switch up how I cook them too. Boiled, fried, poached, scrambled, soft yolk, hard yolk, etc, etc.

This is me.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I didn't get turned off. I just got bored. I was eating toast with and egg/cheese/spinach scramble on top every morning. Then, I changed it up to cheesy egg over avocado toast, topped with pico de gallo. Got tired of that and went to crunchy PB toast for a while. When I got tired of that, I added honey added and cinnamon. Now, I'm back to a scrambled egg and toast many mornings. Find something that gets you out of your rut. :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of eggs.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Try one of those egg and banana pancake ideas you hate so much :tongue:

I got sick of my daily parsley/jalopenos omelette and switched to just plain boiled eggs. The grocery store here has these eggs WIC approved (I'm assuming subsidized in some way?) and I get 18 eggs for $1.29. I'm pretty much in heaven
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yeah I can put eggs in things, obviously, but things like crepes and pancakes make my blood sugar tank later and leave me hungry, so it doesn't really help.

Similar here. I can only eat that kind of thing when I have a good amount of protein with it. I have tried making protein waffles and failed.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I had a bad one last week and the thought of eating them now makes me sick to my stomach! I'm sure over time I'll get over it but right now it's too fresh of a memory ugh lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    The only thing that puts me off eggs is cracking one open and finding chicken parts. True story, bro/sis.
  • valleycyclone
    valleycyclone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Kodiak cakes and I will sometimes add an egg because it gives me 15g of protein +the protein in egg so it is a good way to get protein and feel satiated
  • BabyKiwi07
    BabyKiwi07 Posts: 69 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'm the same way I can't have eggs in any form the last few months an idk why. I can eat them if there in something but even that can be tricky some times because if it's too eggy I can't handle it. Even watching my family members eat them makes me sick. It's weird I know
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    The only thing that puts me off eggs is cracking one open and finding chicken parts. True story, bro/sis.

Guess you wouldn't like balut then. It's an acquired taste. LOL! ;)
  • Francl27
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

The stuff of nightmares.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

There's a big difference between a pickled egg that's supposed to have a baby bird inside and an egg that's supposed to not have a baby bird inside. The eggs with chicken bits inside were those lovely local, farm fresh eggs that went through candling to check them out.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

There's a big difference between a pickled egg that's supposed to have a baby bird inside and an egg that's supposed to not have a baby bird inside. The eggs with chicken bits inside were those lovely local, farm fresh eggs that went through candling to check them out.

And I was mad the other day in the grocery store because one of the eggs in the carton had somehow been completely cracked open, and one half of the shell somehow carefully arranged under another egg. I swapped the carton with another one, but now I'm thinking maybe a chicken had hatched and crawled out? :tongue:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If I swing too far in one direction, love can turn in to hate. That has happened to me with chicken breasts and mason jar salads.

I restored balance by adding variety. For a while I switched to cooked vegetables (it was winter anyways) and other meats.

The love returned.

There are other breakfast proteins to play with like Greek yogurt or ham.
  • Francl27
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If I swing too far in one direction, love can turn in to hate. That has happened to me with chicken breasts and mason jar salads.

I restored balance by adding variety. For a while I switched to cooked vegetables (it was winter anyways) and other meats.

The love returned.

There are other breakfast proteins to play with like Greek yogurt or ham.

Greek yogurt never fills me up in the morning. It's a problem :( I've been eating a lot of ham though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I love them...always have...I don't eat them every day though, variety is the spice of life.