When should I weigh myself?

Options
lsbabi928
lsbabi928 Posts: 13 Member
edited December 2016 in Getting Started
So I began at the weight of 233. Then I weighted myself a few days later and it said 231. Then, again after my period ( 2days after it was over & it was on Monday ) I was 230. I weighed myself this morning, it says 227. I really don't know what weight I am hahha. Can someone help me ?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You don't have a weight number, you have a weight range. I suggest weighing daily or monthly (preferably in synch with menstrual cycle).

But it seems like you are losing weight.
  • lsbabi928
    lsbabi928 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyyy!! Any progress is progress right?! <3
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    lsbabi928 wrote: »
    Yayyyyyy!! Any progress is progress right?! <3
    That's right :)

If you do weigh yourself daily though, I'd suggest not going by each individual day. Average the week out to account for fluctuations.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i weigh every day and can see trends and make predictions. I read some place that weighing everyday helps keep you honest and ultimately helps you lose. Remember weight fluctuates
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day after i get up but only log once a week
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day after i get up but only log once a week

Exactly what I do.

There are a few different apps out there that will plot your weight as a trend, very useful if you weigh daily. I use an app called libra on android, there are equivalents for Apple & PC
    It does take a bit of mental strength when you first start daily weighing, as you WILL see rises with natural fluctuations.
    For me, the trend line really helps by smoothing out those eratic readings and gives me a far better picture of what's going on. It doesn't start working until it has a few data points to plot though, so it will leap about almost as much as your scale value to start with.

It's also taught me not to fear the scale, and to understand how my weight does move. As long as the trend line is dropping, that's all I'm concerned with.
    The weekly weighing is what I plug into MFP, that is my "official" weight for that week.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Weight bounces around from day to day, so a more accurate way of tracking weight is either doing a weekly average or looking at the trend over the last month to see if you're going up or down. A 3-4 weeks should show any trending change going on there.
  • Junofreddy23
    Junofreddy23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every day and keep it logged on here. It helps me see visually how I am doing and keeps me honest with myself about my progress. It's also pretty motivational when it goes down (even if weight is a range).
  • gatzke123
    gatzke123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week on Mondays. But have been debating about twice a week but staggered apart still. It's nice to see the weigh change weekly go down. But my curiosity always wants me to jump on the scale.