One One One Diet

Options
I just came across the One One One Diet and I'm intrigued by it! Sounds promising... I really can't stand the thought of counting calories the rest of my life when I really need balance and portion control. Anyone else heard of it? Tried it? I just ordered the book and am looking forward to finding out more.

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Never heard of it so I went on her website-seems kind of complicated, and the whole 'boost your metabolism and keep you fat burning mode' is a big red flag, but if it's something that will help you stay within the calorie deficit that you need for your weight goals, then no harm in trying it :)

eta: side note but just took a peek at your profile and we're another Dave Ramsey family :# Off to stalk your blog lol.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Once you have weighted portions for enough time, you should get an idea of what portion sizes work for you. Then you can use more intuitive eating.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    It's just "eat one carb, one protein, one fat in each meal."

I don't think I need a book for that. ::shrug::

I learned how to eat - how much and what kinds of food - by studying my daily food log here and by researching nutritional content of foods I like to eat.

It will always come down to how many calories I eat if we're talking about weight. If it is about nutrition, there is too much free info for me to spend money on it. The USDA database is something that's really helpful.

As far as "having to count calories" - it takes me five minutes a day, and I've kept off 70 pounds I lost. Well worth the zero investment. :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Yeah - this is kinda weird. It's both unnecessarily complicated and overly simplified at the same time.

Eating carbs, fats, and proteins in a meal is normal. But to only eat one at a time? What if I want two or more veggies, or a veggie and a little mashed potato?

Also, a lot of nonsense buzzwords on that website tells me one of two things: she doesn't have any clue what she's talking about; she knows exactly what she's talking about, but doesn't care that it's nonsense.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any further than the book description. She doesn't say eat one (C/F/P) at a time does she? If so, :lol::lol:

The veggie cheese omelette and turkey sausage breakfast I have in front of me laughs.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Balance and portion control: these are behavioral issues. You don't need some formula to keep on track.

Shop for a variety of nutritious foods so you have them on hand.
    Learn to recognize the body cues that indicate when you're hungry and when you're satisfied.
    Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're satisfied.
    Don't eat for emotional reasons -- or out of boredom.
    Eat things that you like, and start with small portions (you can always have more).
    Eat slowly and enjoy the food; if you're still hungry, eat more.
    If you have a hard time dealing with emotional eating or have an eating disorder, get help.

Do these things and it's likely you won't need to count calories for the rest of your life. The Beck Diet Solution is a good cognitive behavioral program for dealing with the head part of weight loss and maintenance:

http://www.beckdietsolution.com/weight-loss-and-maintenance/
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand how it's better than calorie counting. It's six to one, 1/2 dozen to the other, really. It's just another way to restrict calorie intake, which is the only way to lose weight.