If you're tired of starting over stop giving up! Weekly accountability for 12/12-12/16 check in!

Options

Replies

• rickbowmanonline
    Options
    In in. 50 year old male from Florida. Need to lose 100 lbs.
  • Faulkners407
    Faulkners407 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    In in. 50 year old male from Florida. Need to lose 100 lbs.

Welcome!!
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    ok, i'll join in. i'm starting slowly, it's been a long time since i tried anything. today i commit to drinking my water and wearing my new fitbit. i'll work my way up to tracking my food over the weekend and be fully committed by Monday.
  • Faulkners407
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    ok, i'll join in. i'm starting slowly, it's been a long time since i tried anything. today i commit to drinking my water and wearing my new fitbit. i'll work my way up to tracking my food over the weekend and be fully committed by Monday.

I sent you a friend request! Water is a great place to start! And weekends are hard to start anything. Welcome!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request! i have to do food shopping tomorrow and set myself up for success. it's good to have a place to check in too, so thanks for this thread!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    You guys must have iron bladders. I need to reestablish routines and track those calories. Working on my mind so not sabotaging myself.

Feel free to add me!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Over night oats = my new favorite breakfast. So yummy.
  • msima1002
    msima1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dalceridae wrote: »
    I've been having a hard time convincing myself to drink water today as I'm cold and still sick, but you just encouraged me to get up and refill my glass :)

I had 3 teas today! I replace my water with tea on cold winter days :)
  • Leroyoliver
    Leroyoliver Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just drink warm water in the winter. Can balance the cold dry air of winter
  • Leroyoliver
    Options
    I'm short on water and Cals are gone... having a party tonight.... so I know I'll be over but will focus on water/tea. I'll get my ounces.
  • Faulkners407
    Options
    I ate out today and was stressed about options I made it work!
    I worked out!

Sets of 25 each with barbells
    Standing bent over row
    Chest row
    Lateral raises
    Shoulder presses
    Curls
    Triceps extension
    Lay down to chest fly
    Over head to tummy (chest row).

I did 6 sets. So each one 150 times. I'm sore! Glutamine has been my new best friend

I drank tons of water.

Great day! Night!

• jessiquoi
    Options
    Great job with the workout! Outstanding!

I had a day. Not good, not bad. Just my first of being aware of what I'm doing and putting in to my body. I drank 32 oz of water which is more than I have been, and today my goal is to increase that to 64. I wore my fitbit for the first day and walked less than 1000 steps! Embarrassing, but true. I don't move much when I work at home. Today my goal is to break 1000. Baby steps here!
  • Faulkners407
    Options
    I pulled my hamstring during my workout today. It popped and dropped me.

Im super bummed hoping ice will help.

I've had 60 Oz water.

Tracked all food.

• FeraFilia
    Options
    I exercised for an hour.

I tracked all my food.

I'm currently at 70oz of water.

And I have stuff set out to make my oats for breakfast in the morning. :D
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I got my workouts in for 5 days and I logged my (terrible) food all but 1 day. I need to work on drinking more water and making better food choices!
  • Faulkners407
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    I got my workouts in for 5 days and I logged my (terrible) food all but 1 day. I need to work on drinking more water and making better food choices!

Sounds like you're off to a solid start!

I have 2 Christmas parties today and I'm stressed about options.

But I'm down 15.5#!

No workout today. I injured myself yesterday (hamstring popped and dropped me).

So water, and tracking are my only tools. I got this!
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Even on a day when I spent a lot of it in the car, and had pizza for lunch... I still tracked my calories, did my exercise, and drank my water. :) I made myself a healthy breakfast of overnight oats, and a healthy dinner of baked fish and a veggie loaded salad. Plus, though I had to split it, I did 30 mins of exercise this morning, and 30 mins this evening. I made it work and I'm pretty proud of myself.
  • Leroyoliver
    Options
    Honestly - lost my way this weekend. But I'm here now and have a solid meal plan for the week.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Awful lazy day here today... But I made myself do the things I've committed to doing. 10k steps, 100oz water, and tracking all my food. Having to 'fess up to everything I eat makes it just the tiniest bit easier to not mindlessly eat, like, a bag of chips in a sitting. So ready for bed tonight.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Today is the day I'm starting to track my food.

I've been wearing my fitbit, and gradually getting used to moving again. I have a lot of medical issues which are exacerbated by my weight and make movement difficult, but i know it will get easier as i continue to monitor it.

Increasing my water, up to about 50 oz as of yesterday. Still a way to go, but i'm going.

baby steps!

jess