Lost Over 30lbs But Still Feel The Same??

Hey folks!
So over the course lf the year, I have lost 32lbs. I have went through occasional periods where I felt a little better but I generally still feel the same toward my body as if I havent seen any changes. I have went down, roughly, a pants size and a half so I breifly saw and felt the weight loss when I went to pick up a new pair of jeans but it quickly faded. Is this all in my head? I mention to people that I am trying to lose weight and they say I am looking great or better or whatever but do other people really see it yet? Has my weight loss been too slow to really feel it? I have went from 282 to 248 so I still have a long way to go but still.. 30lbs is 30lbs. I am surprised I am not feeling 10x better already.

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    I went from 292 to 233 slowly. My teenager says I have less back fat so that is something. I have also gone from 46 inch jeans to 42 inch jeans. I still don't see or really feel the difference. I just content myself with the thought that one day I will be able to tell.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    32lbs is a lot, I am sure other people can see it! I agree with everyone that you should take some progress pics, to make sure that YOU see how far you have come. For me that is the best motivation :)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    kayybot21 wrote: »
    Hey folks!
    So over the course lf the year, I have lost 32lbs. I have went through occasional periods where I felt a little better but I generally still feel the same toward my body as if I havent seen any changes. I have went down, roughly, a pants size and a half so I breifly saw and felt the weight loss when I went to pick up a new pair of jeans but it quickly faded. Is this all in my head? I mention to people that I am trying to lose weight and they say I am looking great or better or whatever but do other people really see it yet? Has my weight loss been too slow to really feel it? I have went from 282 to 248 so I still have a long way to go but still.. 30lbs is 30lbs. I am surprised I am not feeling 10x better already.

Congrats on the 30 pound loss. Don't feel bad if you still feel the same - or think you still feel the same. The loss to date represents 12% from your original starting size of 282. As you work downwards and that percentage increases, you will start to feel different compared to where you are now. Where that point is will not happen overnight, but is a gradual change as clothing, what you see in the mirror, going up and down stairs/hills, and many other things all continue to get easier.

The 10 times better will happen. Be patient as it takes time to get there with a daily focus.

Here's to that point occurring for you in the future!!!
  • bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    I've lost 4stone
    Only gone down 2 dress sizes.
    I've another 2 stone to get to my goal but judging from the lack of visual difference I'm thinking I need to lose even more.
    It's discouraging, but I'll keep it up.
    Hoping I'll wake up one morning and it will have vanished lol
  • faithbabe21
    faithbabe21 Posts: 33 Member
    I totally get this. I started at 270 and am at 227 and despite knowing I've lost over 40 pounds I'm not seeing it and it's frustrating. I'm still in all the same clothes and sizes so I don't feel like I personally see a difference but other people see me and say wow or you look amazing so I know there is a difference, just that I can't see it. I'm trusting in the process but sometimes the process is a pain in the neck lol. (=
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Pictures really helped me see
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I started at 212 and did not feel like I looked any different until I was at least 40 lbs. down. Now at 50 lbs. down, I feel really different and I don't think it is in my head as I am suddenly getting comments from tons of people - even the cashier at my local store asked me if I had lost weight.
  • mdavis440
    mdavis440 Posts: 35 Member
    I totally get it. Ive list 27 lbs and I can't tell but I take a picture every 10 lbs I lose to see where I started and where I am now and holy cow huge difference! I have 70 lbs more to lose. I may not see it in the mirror or feel it in my clothes ( they fit the same) but I feel it in my energy levels and my mood. I know one day I'll look at myself and be who is that person but for now, I need to keep pushing to get to that day. Don't give up
  • marifrie33
    marifrie33 Posts: 34 Member
    I've only lost 20 lbs so far (I'm 195 now, 5'8") and I feel like it's quite the difference already:)
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    I was down 50 pounds (from 290) before anyone who didn't know I was losing weight really noticed, and it wasn't until I was down to my current weight for about six months (around 198) before I really felt any different about my body. Like people have said, it just takes time to catch up mentally

Also, keep in mind that losing weight doesn't change any internalized feelings about your body that you might have. A lot of my changed feelings about how I look came from a concerted effort to treat myself and my body with respect and dignity.
  • Isolde1953
    Isolde1953 Posts: 7 Member
    I am not noticing a difference either, but my grandson did
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    I've lost and maintained 50 lbs. Went from a size 22 to a size 14/16 and still see the same me. Our mind is a messed up thing.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    i was just about to post exactly the same thing as you. I have lost 35lbs. 2 sizes and taken the before and after pics. When i look at the pictures i think i look great Yet when i look at myself i still feel fat. its like i am 2 different people one in the picture and one in my head.
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    I agree with a lot of people here, some days I feel a huge difference and others I feel nothing - what has helped me is that every week on a Saturday I take a picture in the mirror and when I feel like nothing has changed I take the latest picture and the first one and then I can see it most definitely has :)