Sneaking snacks into the theater...

Options
SemperAnticus1643
SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
What snacks or drinks do you sneak into the theater?

Replies

• Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bottled water! pretty much anything that can fit into a purse

And my sister and I once snuck Taco Bell from the Food Court into the cinema at the mall... the best part was the guy at Taco Bell encouraging it! lol

That same sister also met me at the theater for the last Harry Potter movie (Deathly Hallows part 1) and brought Ice cream and spoons. Thank goodness it was December!
  • sonicwizard
    Options
    Bottled water
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    apple slices, and licorice :)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    None, really (I budget for the popcorn, LOL)... but if you've got a Century Theater nearby, they started allowing outside food a couple of years ago (at least the ones in our area).
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Kashi bars, string cheese, apples (cut up in ziploc with a squeeze of lemon to prevent browning), small squares of dark chocolate, crackers. Stuff I can stuff in my purse and have it not be worse for wear. I also take a large empty plastic water bottle and fill it at the drinking fountain before I go in. This all used to be just because I'm cheap, but now I'm cheap and want better food....
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Bags of cashews, almonds... sour gum balls from a trip to the bulk food store... trail mix... I can even get in with bottles of pop from the dollar store since they sell them at the theater now.
  • magicmama
    magicmama Posts: 19
    Options
    Blueberries!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bottled water, but I also budget for movie theater popcorn--- just gotta have it. YUMMY.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I eat the theatre popcorn because I think its part of the experience. I absolutely refuse to purchase the $6 bottled water so I bring my hand dandy water bottle.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bags of cashews, almonds... sour gum balls from a trip to the bulk food store... trail mix... I can even get in with bottles of pop from the dollar store since they sell them at the theater now.

OK, I want your purse. :laugh:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    water bottle (I live in the desert and nobody cares!)

Almonds, dark chocolate squares from Trader Joes and believe it or not prunes! If you eat all of these togther, it tastes like a nutty chewy candy bar! :tongue:
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    Grapes! Because you can eat them one at a time, sort of like popcorn.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I haven't....but since you mention it I think I'll sneak some beef jerky in tomorrow!
  • Pandorian
    Options
    Beef jerky is always a winner... and being a guy I don't have a purse...
    but you didn't think I wore cargo pants as a fashion statement did ya? Pockets all over the place keep any one pocket from looking like I'm sneaking something in.
    and the pop is carried in my hand as it would be from buying it at their sales counter.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    About the only thing I would like to sneak in I can't! Coffee! Hot coffee! It's always so cold in the theater! AMC used to allow me to bring in my coffee and then the rules changed.

Next time, however, I may bring nuts and bottled water.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    water (with crystal light) and chocolate mini rice cakes are my big ones. popcorn, grapes, pepperoni stick (the mini ones) with cheese. I love pepperoni. any fruit really. gummy bears. I even snuck in those lunchables for one of the kids I babysat once.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I usually get the popcorn... love that popcorn! I have on occasion taken in such things as grapes, Weight Watcher snacks, 100 Calorie snacks, and I always take some gum.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The movies is one of the few places I *have* to bring a purse. We bring a big ziplock bag (or 2) of air-popped popcorn--usually with olive oil and a little salt and sometimes chocolate chips mixed in. In the past, I've also brought cucumber slices and things like that, but we prefer the popcorn because that way we don't feel deprived of the "American cinema experience."
  • Pandorian
    Options
    hmm, chocolate chips added to the bag of popcorn, I've overlooked that one even though i mix almonds and cashews with chocolate chips from time to time, is a nice change when each handful is different.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn, soy nuts.