leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    mari5466 wrote: »
    I make a lot of stuff from skinnytaste.com

+1. She has lots of vegetarian recipes.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love skinnytaste.com too, or simply make up my own recipe changes from the millions out there on the internet already. I'm not really sure what 1200 has to do with that though. I know, it's a trigger topic ;). But the recipes are so easy to find.
  • deralyngale
    deralyngale Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    UltraTacks wrote: »
    1200 calories? That's insane......

There are loads of people who manage quite well on 1200 cals per day. Yes, it is low, but that's what small females often get on MFP. It works fine and there are lots of strategies. For example, just eat the same thing as a bigger person, but half the calories. Most of us also rely on daily workouts to give us a little extra cushion.
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here is a "Vegan - What I Eat In A Day" post that is 1300 calories and 65 grams protein. If you leave out 1 TB of oil then it will fit your calorie needs.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/vegan-what-i-eat-in-a-day-65-grams-protein-1/
    5esmnh4uxv8d.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    accn1 wrote: »
    @much2muse thank yoou! That meals sounds delicious! And only 300 calories heheh :))

@UltraTacks it's necessary so I can loose 1kg per week :) actually yesterday I acomplish to eat only 1000 calories, and I felt full because it was vegetarian food

How much weight are you trying to lose total? 1kg per week may be too aggressive of a goal, and 1200 cals/day should be the minimum you aim to consume, including if you exercise you should be eating some of those calories back.

You mentioned in another comment that meat at the store is bad for you and high in calories. Why do you think it is bad for you? There are plenty of lean cuts of meat with relatively low cals per gram. Are you getting adequate protein if you plan to no longer eat meat?

I concur with the skinnytaste site for recipe ideas but I ate 1500-1800 cals while losing and am now maintaining that loss eating >2000 cals.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    EauRouge1 wrote: »

If you're small and you want to lose 1.5-2lb a week then that's what MFP tells you. I'm 5'4" and 144lb, I increased mine to 1300 a day because I found 1200 just a bit too miserable.

If you are small you shouldn't aim to lose that much per week.

• WinoGelato
    Options
    EauRouge1 wrote: »

If you're small and you want to lose 1.5-2lb a week then that's what MFP tells you. I'm 5'4" and 144lb, I increased mine to 1300 a day because I found 1200 just a bit too miserable.

If you are small you shouldn't aim to lose that much per week.

^this.
  • rtewar
    rtewar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories as well. This is what my typical day looks like.

Breakfast:
    Protein smoothie
    Egg white English muffin sometimes I will add 1tbsp cheese
    Black coffee

Snack:
    Special k granola bar (these are either 100 or 110 calories)

Lunch:
    Mexican quinoa bowl
    Veggie straws or 35 calories per cup popcorn

Snack:
    Protein shake

Dinner:
    Veggie burger from Trader Joe's in a low calorie high fiber tortilla

Dessert: (if I have calories left)
    Chocolate covered banana from Trader Joe's
  • mnavarr
    mnavarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of recipes on Pinterest. I love Mexican food so I would eat a lot of black beans and salsa spread on tortillas with a little cheese.

• ladynasdaq
    ladynasdaq Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh more than probably everyone in the group. I am beginning and at 1600 calories a day. I will not go below that but instead change the foods if needed. I also don't restrict myself as to what I'd like to eat. I have done the 1000-1200 calorie diets in the past. The bad thing is stalling out on the scale and when I tried to increase to 1600 calories the scale started going down again. Sad part is I stopped using MFP and was off Program for quite a while but I know ok, go back to what worked. I know that me being hungry is a huge mistake if I want to see results. As for eating beef and chicken, you can. You have to buy Organic,free range and you should not eat it everyday if you do want to do this. As one who was Vegan in the past where my parents were pressuring me to stop and where I had become anemic by not eating meat and feeling cold, I will never do a Vegan or Vegetarian diet full time but include meatless meals into my week and know I have those B Vitamins in there and Vit B12 especially. If you've ever been that sick before trust me, that's a bad thing to deal with and as a Nurse many of my Vegan patients have inadequate blood counts. I'm sticking with a healthy diet and 1600 calories. At 1600 calories I could stay down at 120 lbs. so if I stay at that calorie consumption I should naturally lose the weight without cutting my calories too drastically. I'm a RN btw. I have talked to many Dieticians about weight loss and what I've discovered is to eat what you should be eating at your goal weight and the math is done by your body without you suffering to get down the scale and then adding calories for Maintenance. It's a different approach I know but even a big eater like me should achieve goal weight using the MFP app.
  • WinoGelato
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ladynasdaq wrote: »
    I weigh more than probably everyone in the group. I am beginning and at 1600 calories a day. I will not go below that but instead change the foods if needed. I also don't restrict myself as to what I'd like to eat. I have done the 1000-1200 calorie diets in the past. The bad thing is stalling out on the scale and when I tried to increase to 1600 calories the scale started going down again. Sad part is I stopped using MFP and was off Program for quite a while but I know ok, go back to what worked. I know that me being hungry is a huge mistake if I want to see results. As for eating beef and chicken, you can. You have to buy Organic,free range and you should not eat it everyday if you do want to do this. As one who was Vegan in the past where my parents were pressuring me to stop and where I had become anemic by not eating meat and feeling cold, I will never do a Vegan or Vegetarian diet full time but include meatless meals into my week and know I have those B Vitamins in there and Vit B12 especially. If you've ever been that sick before trust me, that's a bad thing to deal with and as a Nurse many of my Vegan patients have inadequate blood counts. I'm sticking with a healthy diet and 1600 calories. At 1600 calories I could stay down at 120 lbs. so if I stay at that calorie consumption I should naturally lose the weight without cutting my calories too drastically. I'm a RN btw. I have talked to many Dieticians about weight loss and what I've discovered is to eat what you should be eating at your goal weight and the math is done by your body without you suffering to get down the scale and then adding calories for Maintenance. It's a different approach I know but even a big eater like me should achieve goal weight using the MFP app.

Overall I agree with your post about finding an approach that works for you, something that is sustainable and doesn't leave you feeling hungry is very important.

Your comment in bold - was that directed at a particular poster or in response to another comment, or just your general belief? It seems like more of a preference thing to not eat beef/chicken every day and then only organic/free range meat - maybe that's because of your vegan background/beliefs?

• drb2798
    drb2798 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are 17 calories vs whole egg 70 calories. Egg white omelet with mushrooms, turkey sausage crumble and low fat cheese. If you eat bread get the nature's own 45 calories. Really need to eat 5-6 small meals a day, keeps your metabolism revved.
  • accn1
    accn1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    @much2muse thank yoou! That meals sounds delicious! And only 300 calories heheh :))

@UltraTacks it's necessary so I can loose 1kg per week :) actually yesterday I acomplish to eat only 1000 calories, and I felt full because it was vegetarian food

How much weight are you trying to lose total? 1kg per week may be too aggressive of a goal, and 1200 cals/day should be the minimum you aim to consume, including if you exercise you should be eating some of those calories back.

You mentioned in another comment that meat at the store is bad for you and high in calories. Why do you think it is bad for you? There are plenty of lean cuts of meat with relatively low cals per gram. Are you getting adequate protein if you plan to no longer eat meat?

I concur with the skinnytaste site for recipe ideas but I ate 1500-1800 cals while losing and am now maintaining that loss eating >2000 cals.

If I ate 1500/1800 cals/day I gain weight, my metabolism is really slow :/
    I want to lose 5kg more or less.

When you kill an animal he release hormones that are really bad for you, and because of the way they treat animals nowadays they are always releasing bad hormones. And that can cause you a host of unwanted medical conditions and diseases.
    My mother is actually vegetarian and she never had a problem with lack of protein. You can find that in grains, eggs, and even vegetables.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

If I ate 1500/1800 cals/day I gain weight, my metabolism is really slow :/
    I want to lose 5kg more or less.

When you kill an animal he release hormones that are really bad for you, and because of the way they treat animals nowadays they are always releasing bad hormones. And that can cause you a host of unwanted medical conditions and diseases.
    My mother is actually vegetarian and she never had a problem with lack of protein. You can find that in grains, eggs, and even vegetables.

What is this bullhockey?
  • GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    One of my Daily Diary Entries, I eat about 1200cal a day.

Breakfast: Coffee (1tspn coffee, splash of coconut milk). Smoothie (1/2 banana, 1cup baby spinach, 100ml fresh pineapple juice). Poached egg on bed of 1cup (30g) shredded spinach.

Lunch: Cook 50g of oats with 200ml coconut milk, grate into it 1 apple. ( I also Add small pinch cinnamon & 1 cardamom pod - tastes delicious!)

(Sometimes for lunch I like cooking Chicken Root Veg Soup.... 1sweet potato 1carrot 4 pieces chicken drumsticks, salt pepper, ginger garlic - chuck it all in a pot with some water and cook. Pull the chicken out when cooked & shred it, blend the veg, add the chicken back into the veg purée. 1 serving bowl is about 300cal. I still stay within 1200cal total that day)

Dinner: Seasoned Chicken Breast, Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Roasted Sweet Potato. (Replace chicken with a veg substitute like soya)

Snack: Edamame Pods (sprinkle with salt & chilli flakes with tiny bit lemon juice)

All this food and still under calorie goal - woohoo

yjxy2jgfk1yh.png
    ocn5u09e30yz.png
    o7cqgnnyjj4y.png
    8011df3u7aap.png
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    One of my Daily Diary Entries, I eat about 1200cal a day.

Breakfast: Coffee (1tspn coffee, splash of coconut milk). Smoothie (1/2 banana, 1cup baby spinach, 100ml fresh pineapple juice). Poached egg on bed of 1cup (30g) shredded spinach.

Lunch: Cook 50g of oats with 200ml coconut milk, grate into it 1 apple. ( I also Add small pinch cinnamon & 1 cardamom pod - tastes delicious!)

(Sometimes for lunch I like cooking Chicken Root Veg Soup.... 1sweet potato 1carrot 4 pieces chicken drumsticks, salt pepper, ginger garlic - chuck it all in a pot with some water and cook. Pull the chicken out when cooked & shred it, blend the veg, add the chicken back into the veg purée. 1 serving bowl is about 300cal. I still stay within 1200cal total that day)

Dinner: Seasoned Chicken Breast, Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Roasted Sweet Potato. (Replace chicken with a veg substitute like soya)

Snack: Edamame Pods (sprinkle with salt & chilli flakes with tiny bit lemon juice)

All this food and still under calorie goal - woohoo

yjxy2jgfk1yh.png
    ocn5u09e30yz.png
    o7cqgnnyjj4y.png
    8011df3u7aap.png

The goal should be to hit your calorie target, not be under it.