For the ladies eyes only

Options
Girls help me out !!I was down 9 pounds and put 3 back on this morning but I know its just about time for the monthly visit for me.So I know you gain a bit of weight during this time but exactly how much is normal.Most of it is water right?I know this sounds dumb coming from a 28 year old woman but when I was younger I never really gained weight during the time of the month .Or at least that I can remember!!It just kind of sucks and depresses me a bit to see the weight go back up.Is there anything I can do to control it?I am trying to stay within my calories and exercise ad I am also drinking lots of water.I just want the scale to move back down to the 9 pounds lost mark again :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Girls help me out !!I was down 9 pounds and put 3 back on this morning but I know its just about time for the monthly visit for me.So I know you gain a bit of weight during this time but exactly how much is normal.Most of it is water right?I know this sounds dumb coming from a 28 year old woman but when I was younger I never really gained weight during the time of the month .Or at least that I can remember!!It just kind of sucks and depresses me a bit to see the weight go back up.Is there anything I can do to control it?I am trying to stay within my calories and exercise ad I am also drinking lots of water.I just want the scale to move back down to the 9 pounds lost mark again :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    i know some people have said it can go up around 5 lbs:grumble:
    im in the same boat. up almost 3 lbs. AF should be visiting any day now
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    You'd have to be cheating pretty hardcore to put on 3 lbs of fat. It's likely water retention cause eithe rby hormonal shifts (your menstrual cycle) or high sodium foods. Do yourself a favour and stay away from the scale around that time of the month. Don't worry about it, wait a week, weigh again, my guess is it'll be gone by then. :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat but I am not sure it is due to my monthly visitor or my overeating this weekend :laugh: :grumble: I do feel bloated and you do weigh more because we usually retain water. I tend not to weigh myself during that time of them month, I knew better than that but I did weigh myself yesterday and voila 2 lbs over :grumble: :grumble: You will lose it soon, continue with what you are doing. Yeah for drinking lots of water, exercising and eating healthy!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I put on 4 but dropped it all back off the day after i was done.
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    :laugh: You hit the nail on the head, sugar! Yes, you can put on extra weight right before Aunt Ruby shows up! My best friend said she can easily gain about 5 pounds the week before her Auntie comes for a visit!!:noway: I'm so glad those years are behind me!!!! :tongue:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I had that same feeling Sunday morning when i stepped on the scale. I didn't cheat nearly as much as I did last weekend and worked out pretty regularly but ended up gaining some of the weight back i lost all because that time of the month!! :explode: It's very hard to accept that so I have been working extra hard this week to lose it again, but I did put 3 pounds back on and hoping like you that it was just water weight.

My weight will be like this for a week though so i don't think I'm going to weigh myself this week either because it is discouraging! Hang in there!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel... I should start mine by the end of the week. I usually go about 2 or 3 pounds. Around the end of the month I really Really REALLY want steamed spinich and sauteed onions....mmmmmm onions.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I am definitely not going to let it bother me and I am going to stay away from the scale this week!! I have cut my sodium from 2500mg to around 1500mg to 1800mg a day so I don't think its my sodium and I am doing really well curbing those bad cravings you get right before that time of the month. So I guess I will just continue what I am doing and hopefully I will be back down and then some after my TOM!! thanks again
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that for me, I usually see a slight increase in weight for the 2 weeks before I'm due for that nasty old hag. Hormonal changes can really throw the scale for a loop!

However, during the 2 weeks afterwards, I usually tend to have more energy and stamina.... so it balances out.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This must be a cruise ship cause we're all on the same boat:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: I gained 2 over the weeked and didn't overdo it. I think mine is sodium though :noway: I have been sitting at approx 4,000 mg and that's eating fairly healthy! yikes

I got a water bottle on the table:drinker:
  • CatarinaF
    CatarinaF Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, don't worry,...!
    I actually gain 5 pounds during that time of the month ;)
    So make sure you cut down on the salt, OK? And drink water...
    Don't worry, your body will get back to 'normal' in a gipsy!

Good luck!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks Girls !! It is really helpful and I am glad that other people have the same weight gain problem I have .Just as long as it goes away when I am done with TOM LOL!!:laugh: